SSJ1 Goku>>SSJ2 Vegeta at Super 17 arc?

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
I'm asking this because Vegeta seemed to be SSJ2 when he got stomped by Super 17, whereas Goku didn't seem
to go beyond his SSJ1. Of course, i highly doubt Toei would bother pondering the differences between the two
forms.
So, was Goku that much stronger than Vegeta? Or was he SSJ2 as well?

Diamond Ryan

High Class Warrior
That seems to be what's implied, unless you argue that Vegeta wasn't a SSj2.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yes, Goku > SSJ2 Vegeta.

Goku states that everyone else will be killed if he doesn't arrive, and he proceeds to go SSJ to "save the day". Hat in itself implies that his SSJ power is above any powers that were shown.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Diamond Ryan said:
That seems to be what's implied, unless you argue that Vegeta wasn't a SSj2.
When Vegeta realised that his initial efforts were child's play for 17, he powered up with a special aura around him and held his own better afterwards:

Pre:
25k38gm.jpg

Pre:
34j5c92.jpg

Nothing implied that Vegeta had any special reserves remaining, and his reaction to getting stomped after his power-up contradicts that idea:

206di07.jpg
e9brqh.jpg

Super Neko Majin Z

Mid Class Warrior
Who's stronger, Majuub or SSJ2 Vegeta? Because you can argue SSJ Goku's stronger than both, but you need to know who's stronger to determine Goku's strength based on them.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
Super Neko Majin Z said:
Who's stronger, Majuub or SSJ2 Vegeta? Because you can argue SSJ Goku's stronger than both, but you need to know who's stronger to determine Goku's strength based on them.

Majuub~Baby Vegeta>>SSJ3 Goku>>SSJ2 Vegeta

I don't think Vegeta kept the baby boost, so Majuub is stronger.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
SS2 Vegeta is stronger if you have him retaining his power from Baby. I have SS2 Vegeta as strong as SBV2, who is stronger than Super Oob.

SS Goku is at least as strong as SS2 Vegeta, I have him stronger than Vegeta personally.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Vegeta is treated as the strongest power of the Z fighters in S17. He didn't lose it.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Vegeta is heavily implied to be the strongest of the Z Fighters prior to Goku's return. He's the last one standing after 17's barrage attack and he continues fighting despite getting a pretty good beating while Goku is watching through the globe. Although if you're going strictly by implications, you could argue Goten > Gohan, but that's dumb.

Compared to Goku, I'm still not convinced of SSj Goku > SSj2 Vegeta, but I don't necessarily disagree with it. That certainly seemed to be what Toei was going for. I wouldn't say it was a massive gap, though, since Goku got toyed just the same.

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
That's one thing I didn't like about GT, the inconsistency in power and Goku's haxing. During the S17 Arc. Vegeta is the last one standing prior to Goku arriving, when Majuub should be FAR beyond Vegeta. Than Goku shows up and he can handle 17 with Standard SSJ better than the group efforts of the other. Regardless for the topic, I'll agree with the OP: SSJ Goku > SSJ2 Vegeta does appear to be the case.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
Super Oob shouldn't be stronger than Vegeta if he kept the power from SBV2.

Keedounan

Elite
Yeah, Goku is stronger. He simply outperformed the whole Z-Team.

Super Neko Majin Z

Mid Class Warrior
I never even thought about Vegeta keeping the Baby boost before this thread. I never thought there was any reason at all other than TOEI's power scaling being done by a parakeet with dementia.

With that said, the show seems to imply SSJ Goku >= SSJ2 Vegeta > Majuub. Vegeta did better against 17 than Majuub did, and Goku did better than that.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Some theorized that Goku probably received a zenkai over 6 months if that's the amount of time between Baby Arc and Super 17 arc.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I like to just go with SVB2 = SSj2 Vegeta (S17) rather than Vegeta starting out at SVB2 in Base.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.