Super #17 Discussion

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
There are members like Ahill1 who genuinely think the idea of Super #17 is ridiculous and that he should never have power greater than Perfect Cell. While I agree with that opinion, although I'm not as adamant about it as he is, I also like the development he receives in the Super #17 Arc. Even though the Arc itself is arguably the worst in the franchise, I like that he has more of a role than just being a thug like he appears to be in the Boo Arc, even if he becomes a villain again. It was interesting seeing his dynamic with #18, Krillin, and Marron in that Arc, something we never saw in Z. So I think that was nice to see.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
I like Super 17 better than anything from Super but in general I dislike the concept bringing back old villains and giving them new forms. It just feels fan-servicey and lazy.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Nothing about the Super 17 Saga made sense. Cell was made to be Gero’s greatest invention, and when he was conceited 17 became just a power source for him. The fact he needed to make another 17 (Isn’t he just a enhanced human? Did Gero and Myuu clone him?) to make him reach his final form shows that couldn’t possibly be what Gero planned back in Z. This saga is so confusing I’m not even sure if what I just wrote even makes sense. Fuck that.

I genuinely always forget Kuririn and his family were even in this saga (Or GT in general) tbh.

I like Super 17 better than anything from Super but in general I dislike the concept bringing back old villains and giving them new forms. It just feels fan-servicey and lazy.

Yeah if they want to keep recurring villains it’s better to not kill them off to begin with, like it was done with Goku’s rivals turned friends. Even Freeza that was done right in the ToP could only come back after the excruciatingly awful RoF and it’s GT-level plotholes.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I forgot how bad RoF was, even for Super. LMAO.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.