The concept of GT Kid Galu

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Leaving aside the poor execution, was the concept of Goku becoming a child again something you found good or not?

I for one found it good for the first arc at least, since it opened up the window to not having Galu soloing opponents using SS3 due to how more limited the form had become. He definitely should've become an adult again after unlocking SS4 though, seeing as how that benefit on the plot was no longer there.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
From what I heard the turning him back also made his character back to his child-self, if so I think that should have been explained as Shenlong being able to even turn a person's personality back or they should have just let him be adult Goku as young Goku.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The idea was fine, but he needed to permanently change back in the Baby arc.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
SuperSaiyan2 said:
The idea was fine, but he needed to permanently change back in the Baby arc.

This !00%. Super Saiyan 4 should have ended it. Going back and forth between kid and adult was stupid.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
SSJ4 had other magic powers like changing Goku's clothes, so I don't see why it couldn't be used as an explanation for him staying as an adult. Just dumb.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I'd have been fine with it if he actually acted like a deaged adult and not a 53 year old man behaving like a third grader outside of the most serious moments, plus yeah he shoud have changed back for good after SSJ4 cobsidering the writers even admitted they shrank Goku to fit him in with child characters like Pan rather than as an aging hero.

Ofc the more dire problem was him being a complete gary stu (e.g. Baby's obsession with killing him instead of just controlling him like Trunks, increasing power in base to ludicrous levels because dicking around in base form is SO fun to watch)

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
1. 53 year old Kid Galu probably had Goku's most mature personality since the Frieza saga. The more I think about it the more I overlook it. GT Goku was a spiritual continuation of movie Goku, kill with no fucks given. Much cooler than the Fourstar Goku we see in Super.

2. Ssj 1 Kid Galu punched Super 17 half way across the planet casually :troll

3. Turning him to a kid was just a terrible concept to begin with, but it would rank highly among Dragon Ball Super's best concepts

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Hey don't say that... Goku killed Yakon... and your bastard child... oh and he tried to kill Cell too. :troll

Classic Adamas

Zeta Elite
Global Moderator
I like the idea but I certainly think there are better ways of going about it than Pilaf botching a wish. :et

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
It was a good way for him to have a chemistry with Pan but with GT terrible handling Pan's character and the way she keeps disrespecting Goku most of the time was terrible.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Mystic said:
I like the idea but I certainly think there are better ways of going about it than Pilaf botching a wish. :et

Pilaf coming out of the wood work like 30 years later was aids. More than that, why the fuck did he even know about Kami's Palace?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Where were the BSDBs when Boo destroyed Kamis place?? Did they gain sentience and fly out of harm's way?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Maybe Dragon Balls are actually invincible. :manabu

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Beerus was the one who told Boo to make his ki a lie.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
SuperSaiyan2 said:
Beerus was the one who told Boo to make his ki a lie.

Must be why Pink Joseph Johns was never hakai'd for stealing his pudding. Beerus is probably Boo's father.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
SuperSaiyan2 said:
Pilaf coming out of the wood work like 30 years later was aids. More than that, why the fuck did he even know about Kami's Palace?
Could be that he spent all that time searching for new information on the Dragon Balls and somehow found out about them. Considering he has the technology to get there, maybe he was able to spot it on a satellite of his, what with having a ridiculous array of gadgets and all.

Idea of Gaslight said:
Where were the BSDBs when Boo destroyed Kamis place?? Did they gain sentience and fly out of harm's way?
I assume they can't be destroyed so long as Kamiccolo is still alive. After all, why have Piccolo sacrifice himself rather than just deactivate them? Even taking into account some "paying for my sin" schlock, it seems too out of character for a logical person like Piccolo to do if there were other options.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I don't think the Dragon Balls can be destroyed at all in GT considering the universal genki didn't obliterate them unless you want to write that off as PIS

That, and GT is muddled up with all sorts of filler logic like immortal Freeza or the 100000 base fight scenes

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
We know the Genki-Dama doesn't harm the pure hearted so it could be that the Dragon Balls had immunity to it once Yi Xing Long's influence was destroyed. Even that explanation is pretty shaky though.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I honestly think they forgot Kuririn can smash open Dragon Balls considering their track record of stupidity. At least even the Boo arc had Piccolo worry that SSJ3 Gotenks might shatter DBs, SSJ4 level attacks can't harm Earth Dragon Balls at all nor is anyone worried about it.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.