The Power of Turles

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
A recent thread on a Reddit sub got me wondering about this space pirate again. How powerful is he?

There's a guidebook scan putting him at 19,000 prior to eating any fruit from the Tree of Might, but that clashes heavily with him fighting 30,000+ Goku and tanking a point-blank Makankosappo from an 18,000 Piccolo. He also had no qualms handling a 100,000 Oozaru Gohan prior to eating any fruit, and Gohan needed Goku to save him in that instance from Turles's spin on the Kienzan.

I've seen numbers ranging from 30,000 to 120,000. I'm usually on the higher end, but I always have my doubts when I see his performance against Goku. It wasn't that impressive.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Wasn't 30k Goku said to be skyrocketing?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Super Saiyan said:
Wasn't 30k Goku said to be skyrocketing?
He was, though how much that equates to is ambiguous, especially when his Kaioken self got slapped away by a 100k Oozaru Gohan.

As for the thread, I'd lean more towards Tullece being around the 30k area prior to eating the fruit onscreen. Whilst the 19k figure is obviously too low, it does show those involved believed 30k and above to be something he was inferior to. You can chalk up him being a threat to Oozaru Gohan as his Kill Driver being a heavily amplified attack, which doesn't make too much sense when it comes to Ki amplification amongst the Freeza Force and Saiyans, but it's the best way of avoiding a circular and inconsistent power chain of Base Goku > Tullece > Oozaru Gohan >> Kaioken x2 Goku >> Base Goku > Tullece.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Tullece Pre Rosat should be around 30k.

The movie villians get matched by canon characters 2 or 3 episodes after the movie release

Movie 3 was released after episode 54. In episode 57 Vegeta is 30k while beating Zarbon.

Movie 4 was releaeed after episode 81. I follow a theory that M4 FSSjin Goku is as strong as False SSjin Vegeta (his last zenkai on Namek) and Vegeta showed that power 3 episodes later along with Initial Final Form Freeza who is as strong as Giant Slug imo.

The anime had no progression after movie 5 so it's just Coola surpassing Freeza

Movie 6 was revealed after episode 130. 3 episode later androids 17 and 18 make their debut. Metal Coola ~ Android 18

Movie 7 was revealed after episode 147. 3 episodes later we have Imperfect Cell show his power. Super 13 ~ Imperfect Cell

Movie 8 was revealed after episode 176. Two or three episodes later Goku shows his full power and battles Cell. M8 Broli ~ CG Goku

Movie 9 was revealed after the CG but there was no progression canon wise so its just a rip off of the CG.

Movie 10 - there was no progression in the anime at that point so Broli was just stronger than SSjin 2 Gohan was the strongest at that point.

Movie 11 - again they could not use Goku so its an exception. But if they could then the movie was revealed 3 episodes before Boo showed his power vs SSjin 2 Majin Vegeta. The movie 11 villian should have been close to Fat Boo

Movie 12 was revealed 2 or 3 episodes before SSjin 3 Gotenks and Evil Boo's true power and we know TOEI intended Super Janemba to be cloose to Evil Boo

Movie 13 was revealed while SSjin Vegetto was fighting Gohan-Boo. It's likely the Dragon Fist was close to SSjin Vegettos power.

So... What do you think??

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
19k could work

I always imagined him being low class Saiyan, him and his comrades eating tree of might fruit to buff their power with Earth ultimately being a much better target.

Movie logic doesn't give Gohan a 10x boost so he could be 19,000. He seems to be in his 20s but I doubt he can take Zarbon pre-transformation without the fruit.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.