The Shadow Dragons Plot?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
I did enjoy this arc's plot but it could have been execute much better than they did but the fact that King Piccolo kil Shenron still bothers me on why I can't take the Shadow Dragons seriously. Your thoughts?

Zippy

Super Elite
Every dragon before noava was complete shit lol

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I just chalked it up to GT being GT but I question if they were going to make these guys the final villains, why are they so small-scale? Why are the first 3 or 4 dragons just terrorizing villages/towns? Why are they rooted to the Dragon Balls created by a guy weaker than Raditz, which are now linked to Dende who's still fodder to Dodoria? With Porunga and that other ultimate shenlong thingy they made up in episode 1, wouldn't it make much more sense to just make that one evil instead of the piddly weak dragon that got killed by Piccolo Daimao?

Fuck, there's not even any reason for the few dragons that are actually strong being strong, they just are despite having feats weaker than Nappa lol. The end result of the dragons merging is a completely unappealing power hungry monster with zero personality whose goals aren't even established even though he's an amalgation of evil we've seen multiple times :ha

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
The Shadow Dragons is a really good, interesting, and original concept. Super would be incredibly envious considering its arcs are purely derivative other than the Zamasu arc.

Now since it's GT, the whole fucking arc sucked! Even the Omega battle was boring, with the spirit bomb being completely not believable but as a fan you are happy it succeeded that way this shitty battle could end.

AND the Omega battle was by far the most interesting part of this arc. :facepalm2

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Zippy said:
Every dragon before noava was complete shit lol
Like I said it could have been execute better. Only Nouva and Syn was the real challenge for Goku and the others were shit. :ladd

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
The idea of the arc was good and something I would deem "Worthy" of being a final Arc. of the Dragonball Series. They've used the Dragonballs so many times throughout the series and now the Dragonball have accumulated a vast amount of negative energy and that energy gave birth to 7 evil dragons each spawned from a specific wish. On paper that DOES sound like a good idea for a story arc but as the above posters have said: It wasn't executed that well. A good idea can only go so far without content to back it up. I like the idea, each dragon being spawned from a certain wish but only TWO Shadaow Dragons were actually a threat to Goku.

Syn Sheron was kicking Goku's butt all over the amusement park
Haze Shenron was the weakest among the bunch (I think)
Eis Shenron boasted considerable power but was still weaker than SSJ4 Goku and had to resort to dirty tricks to get hits
Nouva Shenron was an even match for Goku (One of the few fights from GT I enjoyed)
Rage Shenron was all talk and no substance
Oceanus Shenron wasn't that tough
Naturon Shenron had to absorb Pan to be a threat and even then, I think Goku still could've handled him but was too worried about hurting Pan.

But all that needs to be said, has been said. Good idea, poor execution.

Super Neko Majin Z

Mid Class Warrior
Anyone else read Break Through The Limit? They executed the Shadow Dragons so beautifully that I want to kick whoever wrote the GT saga in the nuts for somehow screwing this up. The first four Shadow Dragons aren't even worth mentioning, which is a really bad sign when there are only seven. Syn Shenron had a good fight, but he was a generic Dragon Ball villain. The Nuova/Eis thing was the only thing truly good about this arc.

Keedounan

Elite
The Shadow Dragon arc had an original idea (except the near end, which was almost ripped off from Z). But just like pretty much everything in GT, it was badly executed. Basically, it ended up just being repetitive: seek and beat up all the dragons until they release the dragon balls.

As far as I can remember, Nuova Shenron, and to a lesser extent, Omega Shenron, were the only dragons that I liked. All the others were nothing special.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
Goku fighting most of the Dragons in base was painful to watch.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Why the fuck doesn't GT kill anybody except :Krillin and Piccolo? I was legitimately furious when that bitch Pan got her ass whooped by a SSJ4 tier like the ice guy and was only just knocked out instead of brutally murdered.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
latest

The one in the back right and the back left made me consider suicide when initially watching this.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
latest

This motherfucker was hitting a blunt when he was creating the Shadow Dragons, it all makes sense now.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.