Theories on Ultimate Gohan in GT

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
What are your theories on Gohan's Ultimate form in GT?

Did he lose it?

Does he no longer require it?

Is SSJ stacked on top of Ultimate? Or alternate between the forms?

Something else entirely?

Share with me!

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
His potential just reset, thus allowing him to unlock his Super Saiyan form again on top of his Base (Ultimate). I don't see why he'd be stated to have trained if we're supposed to believe he's weaker, he also still has his Ultimate-exclusive hair and eyes.

Son Gokū

High Class Warrior
The situation is kinda awkward...
In my universe he forgot how to use it and uses Super Saiya-jin 1.
Though the animation in the GT series makes his eyes look like he's in his Ultimate/Mystic/etc. state in the serious fights.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I've never been of the belief that he absolutely couldn't turn Super Saiyan after the ritual, and post-Boo material supports this. He gained more power through the years after Z, so turning Super Saiyan would still yield some result.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I think FnF supports him retaining it as well. Losing or gaining power, if Old Kai meant he wouldn't need to transform anymore, his strength shouldn't matter. I tend to think he meant it wasn't needed at that time. Plus, we see Saiyan power prove Kais wrong on numerous imstances.

In GT and FnF, he goes SSJ, under two seperate circumstances. I also have to side with SSJ remaining as a tool in Gohans skill set. It's more the need need for it that I see vary.

Whipedkillsmiled

Mid Class Warrior
People were confused on what to believe. Is this SSJ on top of ultimate? Or SSJ with no ultimate?
But Now that ROF is here it's fine to believe he lost it. Or you can stick with what you think and say its SSJ on top of ultimate. But that wouldn't make sense for many reasons. Like why not use it on Buu? He's not noted to have been training to an extent how can he accomplish something like that from slacking off?
Or you can believe post ultimate his base is extremely strong and a few underneath his ultimate form hence his SSJ and SSJ2 are stronger aswell.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Gohan lost he's ultimate form in RoF which is possible that Toei were behind of this mess and trying to connect him to GT.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Its guidebook states he didn't and he has specific features that he didn't have before it.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
The guidebooks also state that he never stopped training, so I don't see a reason for it to go away, assuming that you put any stock into that stuff.

Unless the Ultimate form was meant to be temporary and dissipate after a certain time, no matter the circumstances. That's speculation for the sake of it on my part.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I don't see why that would be the case. It was intended to be a permanent adjustment as far as we were told.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Pyrus said:
I don't see why that would be the case. It was intended to be a permanent adjustment as far as we were told.
I concure. The thought just popped in my head so I put it out there. As far as I'm concerned the idea of his potential resetting and then SSJ stacking on top is good enough for me.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
I can't imagine what Toei would even get out of making Gohan weaker. People only insist on him being weaker to nerf Rild, Goten, and Piccolo.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
SSJ Vegetto said:
I can't imagine what Toei would even get out of making Gohan weaker. People only insist on him being weaker to nerf Rild, Goten, and Piccolo.
They'd get a weaker cast in general? I don't know.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
It wouldn't. That's the thing. It's pointless.

Latest profile posts

Father wrote on 最強のフュージョン's profile.
Bill Cosby will have the prep time that Pm. snake never had baby wooooooooo!!
Never watched that filler lol
INCORRECT, remember Princess Snake tried to sedate Goku and that shit didn't work