Too many henchmen on each movies!!!

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
From M1 to M7 and M9, all the villains has a lots of henchmen? I didn't noticed that maybe you guys did but none of you probably brought this up.

DBZ M1: Garlic Jr Henchmen
latest

DBZ M2: Dr. Wheelo's Henchmen/Bio Warriors

1440370439837.jpg

DBZ M3: Turles's Henchmen

latest

DBZ M4: Lord Slug's Henchmen

latest

DBZ M5: Cooler's Henchmen

latest

DBZ M6: Meta Cooler's Henchmen

Cyclopian_guards.jpg

DBZ M7: Android 13's group members

trio.png

DBZ M9: Bojack's gang

images

Your thoughts? I blame :rumoosh :kenshi and :toei

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yea it's to allow the faggot humans to have time in the movie to get slaughtered.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Typically with Shonen movies (or Shonen anime/manga in general), a repetitive trope is having bland henchmen for the other main and supporting characters to have their spotlight when defeating them. The One Piece movies are another good example, since from the movies I've seen (10, 12 and the Heart of Gold special) there are always some generic villains for Zoro and Sanji to take out. In DBZ's case, it could also be due to the importance henchmen served at that point in the franchise, since a lot of the arcs from early DB, as well as DBZ's Freeza and Boo Arcs, featured a few henchmen who were just there as a means for those who weren't Goku to have their moment or power up.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
And if their movies doesn't have any henchmen then the villain would be a monster [Broly, Janemba, Hirudegarn].

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
Hilamedeyawn had that lame goblin thing as a henchman, Bio Broly had Dr. Jaguar.

Now Janemba cost a hefty amount and he was kind of a diva so they couldn't bring :cage1 for a supporting role.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.