Trunks (Post Redjic) increases his power?

SIAD

Elite
Trunks (Post Redjic) increases his power?

I find it interesting to think of Trunks having a power surge there. When Trunks was going to hit Redjic, Goku warned him not to.

Does that mean Goku Base (BoGT)> Redjic (Suppressed)> = Trunks SSJ (BoGT)?

In chapter 7 of DBGT, Trunks implies that only Goku, Gohan, Vegeta and Piccolo are stronger than him, which means that Trunks SSJ (Post Redjic) is superior to Oob (BoGT) and Goku Base (BoGT) .

The only thing that is, is that Trunks' power increase should not be very massive, considering that Chapters later, when Trunks decides to change Pan for Goten, it gives us to understand that Goten is still relevant to Trunks.

We should only slightly decrease the powers of Trunks, Goten and Pan in BoGT. It would also be strange if the first 2 in Base state were on Kid Boo, despite all the times that it is mentioned that they have trained very little, also Pan is treated as a simple girl and not very relevant.

They agree with Goku SSJ (BoGT) >> Trunks SSJ (Post Redjic)>
Goku Base (BoGT)> Redjic (Suppressed)> = Trunks SSJ (BoGT)?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Base Goku should definitely be stronger than SSJ Trunks at BoGT. Goku was already on Pure Boo's level in Base at the EoZ. After 5 years of training with Oob he should be noticeably ahead of that level. As you pointed out, it's not implied that Trunks/Goten did all that much training in the 5 year gap. The bulk of their gains seemed to come by the time they reached M2, so perhaps the Lood fight is what caused the massive growth in Trunks' power. He should be relatively weak against Redjic unless he had been image training in the space ship.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I don’t think Trunks knows about Oob. He doesn’t look much weaker than Goku when they’re fighting Lood though.

SIAD

Elite
I don’t think Trunks knows about Oob. He doesn’t look much weaker than Goku when they’re fighting Lood though.
It's true, just before his match against Redjic, Trunks Base seemed to be too inferior to Goku Base, that's why I think he increased his power a lot. Trunks if he must know the power of Oob, if he knows that he is inferior to Piccolo.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
He saw Oob fighting Galu in the Budokai. He the hell wouldn't he know?

Last edited:

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Oob used the Dragon Balls to wipe Trunks' memory obviously.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
That was the only time Trunks saw Oob. He’d have no way of knowing how strong he is currently.
Debatable. There's no evidence he kept up with Piccolo over the years and he seems to know GT Piccolo is above him.

SIAD

Elite
Debatable. There's no evidence he kept up with Piccolo over the years and he seems to know GT Piccolo is above him.
Exactly and what do you think about Trunks SSJ (Post Redjic)> Redjic (Suppressed)> = Trunks SSJ (BoGT)?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Exactly and what do you think about Trunks SSJ (Post Redjic)> Redjic (Suppressed)> = Trunks SSJ (BoGT)?
I don't think Redjic was suppressed at the beginning, Galu didn't really note him powering up after they began fighting. Trunks said he felt like he really slacked off over the years against Mutchi and Lood so I think he was still weak until the Lood battle. Dunno if I'd have him any stronger after Redjic since Redjic just smacked him once, which isn't anything more than what the Muma worms did to him on Planet Bihe.

SIAD

Elite
I'm sure that Trunks becomes more powerful after his fight against Redjic, since Redjic hit Trunks Base with enormous ease, after Goku didn't want Trunks to face him.

Redjic fought more seriously after he faced off against Goku.

I'm sure Goku SSJ (BoGT)> Trunks SSJ (Post Redjic)> Goku Base (BoGT) = Oob (BoGT)> Trunks SSJ (BoGT)> = Goten SSJ (BoGT).

SIAD

Elite
I like having Pan (BoGT) right behind Mr. Boo, seeing how little importance they gave to her. Surely in those 5 years, Pan barely trained if that, since Goku was training Oob, while Trunks and Goten trained very much from time to time.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.