Future Warrior

Elite
main-qimg-15613523d430ae481e89a5ef13e795db
main-qimg-c97e3c94b10f983d5ecc408ffba23b89

Is this related?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Doubt it. Goku didn't train spirit control at all since the post-Freeza arc timeskip. The giant form is more of an asspull than anything else.

Future Warrior

Elite
Kenshi said:
Doubt it. Goku didn't train spirit control at all since the post-Freeza arc timeskip. The giant form is more of an asspull than anything else.

The nature of UI could have contributed to it.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I don't think it was ever stated that UI helps improve ki control. Only that it automatically hardens the body for defense and allows one to sever consciousness from the subconscious.

Future Warrior

Elite
Kenshi said:
I don't think it was ever stated that UI helps improve ki control. Only that it automatically hardens the body for defense and allows one to sever consciousness from the subconscious.

It's presumably the ultimate martial arts technique, so who knows.

Also, I'm wondering about those duplicates that Goku made against Whis. I'm not sure if they are actually afterimages since they seem to move on their own. Maybe it's the same thing the Yardrat showed too?

hb6h9xxgyGLt8g61ApNPVrA9oqXnpSp3YadEn-y_t3Y.jpg
EE6rDkLUcAEyRzH.jpg:large

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
There's an obvious difference you can notice. When Goku formed those copies, they were surrounded by a ki aura. When the Yardratan made his copies, no auras were seen. That tells me Galu's technique is an application of the giant ki avatar Susanoo that he made against Moro, while the other guy is literally cloning himself.

Future Warrior

Elite
I wouldn't really say a lack of aura is enough to completely dismiss the possibility. Regardless, I'm just speculating/theorizing so I'm not going to debate anybody heavily on this stance.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
There's another difference you can notice in the first comparison you posted. In the Goku giant copy instance, we see Goku's actual body in the middle of the materialized ki avatar's head. With the Yardratan, his body physically shrinks down to its original size when he undoes the technique. The two techniques don't appear to be the exact same. If you ask me, Goku is materializing copies of himself of varying size and numbers using his own ki, while the other guy is using spirit control to enlarge his body and create actual duplicates similar to Tenshithands' Shishin no Ken.