Ultimate vs SSJ4

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Which form has the greater potential unlock?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
SSJ4 is just a potential unlock.
Super Saiyan 4
The form which draws out the battle power which Saiyans posses out to the utmost limits is this, Super Saiyan 4!! It’s distinguished by having a different appearance than previous Super Saiyans, with red body fur and long black hair!! It is called Super Saiyan 4 out of convenience, but due to it being a transformation from Golden Oozaru, it would be no exaggeration to call it a different species from all previous Super Saiyans!! Thinking of it as a different species, you could also name such points as the fact that unlike with 3 he has an adult appearance, despite being a transformation of little Goku.

Ultimate draws a users beyond to its potential.

Chapter: 479 (DBZ 285), P10.1-5
Context: Elder Kaioshin explains his ‘ability’
Elder Kaioshin: “With my psychic powers, I can take the hidden power which anyone has, no matter how amazing a master they may be, and draw it wa~~ay, wa~~ay out above their limits. Ehehehehe…Have you ever heard of an ability like that?”
Kaioshin and Kibito: “Oooh!”
Goku: “Wh-what?...Ain’t that the kind of ability you hear about fairly often?”
Elder Kaioshin: “Wh-what are you talking about…?! Above their limits! Above! There de~~efinitely isn’t anyone else that incredible! [ ] Hey, you over there, you were the one who pulled the sword out, right? Come over here a little. If someone could pull that sword out and swing it around, then once I get through with them they’ll de~~efinitely be able to become the best in the universe.”

Ultimate > SSj4

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
According to Dragonball Super, Goku is still stronger then Ultimate Gohan. Theoretically, the SSj4 multiplier is definitely higher then the Mystic unlock.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
There is no SS4 multiplier. Ultimate is the superior power-up, as proven by the quotes [mention]Fearless Saiyajin[/mention] posted.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
Within GT's Universe, sure. But definitely not by the logic that Dragonball Super implies.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Well it's a good thing that we're not discussing Dragon Ball Super.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
You're not talking about Db Super. I am. The OP asked which form has the greatest unlock, going by different series you get different answers.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
Then you should have stated it in the original post, herpa derp. 'Strictly about Db GT'.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
He doesn't have to state it in the OP; it's just common sense that discussion about a form that is only in Dragon Ball GT would be a strictly GT discussion.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
No it's not common sense. I'm not going to assume something. There should be an obvious restriction made otherwise we're free to speculate about Dragonball in it's entirety. Apologies if you're intellectual capacity is so much more significant then my own, Lol ye write :troll

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
kriss- said:
No it's not common sense. I'm not going to assume something. There should be an obvious restriction made otherwise we're free to speculate about Dragonball in it's entirety.
You're just arguing for no reason now. The restriction is obvious enough, since SS4 isn't in DBS and DBS doesn't affect anything in GT due to being in a different continuity.

kriss- said:
Apologies if you're intellectual capacity is so much more significant then my own, Lol ye write :troll
I would comment on how ironic this is, but I'm pretty sure you do the whole spelling things incorrectly thing on purpose for some weird reason...

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
Actually, you're the one arguing for no reason. :3

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
How can a full potential unlock can be different than the another method of full potential unlock?
question-smiley.png

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
Gohans potential should be greater then Goku's, even in GT. However, somehow... his unlock is less then SS4. So SS4 wins.