Vegeta in movies 2-5

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Why wasn't Vegeta in any of the movies until Return of Cooler? It's a bit obvious why he wasn't in Dead Zone, but what about the others? Is there any reason for his abscence, in or out of universe?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Tenshinhan probably killed him in the Toei universe.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Vegeta wasn't really brought in as a permanent cast member or Z fighter until after Namek. He was still a full villain/rival/reluctant ally until he came back to Earth.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
he didn't officially come to z-team until after freeza-saga i think i think

they might have thought he might not come-back i think i think

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
he didn't officially come to z-team until after freeza-saga i think i think

they might have thought he might not come-back i think i think
I agree. There's a clear shift in his motivations between the two arcs. During the Freeza Saga, he still wanted the dragon balls and immortality, but only put it aside due to the bigger threat in Freeza. He'd stab any of the Z Fighters in the back given the chance to get what he wants.

Once the Android Arc came and he became a Super Saiyan, the Goku/Vegeta buddy cop show started, and he didn't care about the dragon balls anymore despite having all the time in the world to get them. He only cared about showing up Goku.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
ye, i think that's hard to maybe think of a scenario for toei to think of vegeta teaming-up with them, since freeza-saga he only reluctantly teamed-up with them & he had no reason to go to earth until he at-least defeated freeza i think i think

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.