Was Cooler Movie done too early?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Lke Toriyama said, it's an alternative universe where the powerscalling is fucked up compare to the canon stuffs. :troll

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
M9 is probably the closest consistent to the manga than any other movie IMO. But then again, there's Tien/Trunks stuff too.

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
Fantastische Hure said:
Jeff Styles said:
I don't think it was done too early, just the whole powerscaling and Goku's ability to transform need work.
So you think Cooler should have got slapped-around by Goku like he did in the movie? His 5th Form looked like a huge joke then, even 100% Freeza put-up a better fight, even-though I know that was a lower Goku.

No. I would prefer a close fight like SSJ2 Goku vs Majin Vegeta with no blasting the villain to the sun. Just a good old fashion kill like how Vegeta killed Monster Zarbon.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Jeff Styles said:
Fantastische Hure said:
Jeff Styles said:
I don't think it was done too early, just the whole powerscaling and Goku's ability to transform need work.
So you think Cooler should have got slapped-around by Goku like he did in the movie? His 5th Form looked like a huge joke then, even 100% Freeza put-up a better fight, even-though I know that was a lower Goku.

No. I would prefer a close fight like SSJ2 Goku vs Majin Vegeta with no blasting the villain to the sun. Just a good old fashion kill like how Vegeta killed Monster Zarbon.
That could have worked too. My only problem with that is, even if Goku got much higher I doubt he got that much higher that it could cover the transformation-boost a Freeza-esque character gets from his true form to an evolved 5th Form. I mean back in the Namek Saga Freeza was seemingly decent enough to Super-Saiyan Goku, add another transformation on-top of that and I think Cooler should really be much higher.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Fearless Super said:
Lke Toriyama said, it's an alternative universe where the powerscalling is fucked up compare to the canon stuffs. :troll

Soooo... Dragon Ball Super then?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Pocket - Gog~ said:
Fearless Super said:

Nope, Super makes sense even the anime except its gaps that's all.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Fearless Super said:
Pocket - Gog~ said:
Fearless Super said:

Then the power-scaling is facked though. And there's still clear contradictions and retcons, like villains getting to keep themselves in hell and not just be a soul waiting to get purified and reincarnated.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Fearless Super said:
Pocket - Gog~ said:
Fearless Super said:

Explain Future Trunks, and even then it makes as much sense as the Coola movie does.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Fantastische Hure said:
Fearless Super said:
Pocket - Gog~ said:

Then the power-scaling is facked though. And there's still clear contradictions and retcons, like villains getting to keep themselves in hell and not just be a soul waiting to get purified and reincarnated.

That depends on the Manga though not the anime in terms of the story consistency since are the one Toei who made like 3 types of hell from DBZ anime, GT and Super anime have all different types of hell. Then again, as the story progress there will be some sort of changes or retcon if you will.

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
Fantastische Hure said:
Jeff Styles said:
Fantastische Hure said:

That could have worked too. My only problem with that is, even if Goku got much higher I doubt he got that much higher that it could cover the transformation-boost a Freeza-esque character gets from his true form to an evolved 5th Form. I mean back in the Namek Saga Freeza was seemingly decent enough to Super-Saiyan Goku, add another transformation on-top of that and I think Cooler should really be much higher.

The 5th form doesn't have to be much stronger than the 4th form. Freeza's first transformation was at best 2.8x his first form. His second transformation was more or less a 2x boost.

The only way I could see Goku getting to 100% Freeza level in such a short amount of time is by getting another 33x zenkai boost when he got heals by a senzu. Though it's still bs.

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
Fearless Super said:
There's no such thing asspull power ups on Toei's world, they all makes sense. :toei

Make as much sense as what happens inside Babidi's spaceship :shin

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Jeff Styles said:
Fantastische Hure said:
Jeff Styles said:

The 5th form doesn't have to be much stronger than the 4th form. Freeza's first transformation was at best 2.8x his first form. His second transformation was more or less a 2x boost.

The only way I could see Goku getting to 100% Freeza level in such a short amount of time is by getting another 33x zenkai boost when he got heals by a senzu. Though it's still bs.
I'd say it's arguable that Freeza's second transformation was also a big boost. It was implied he wasn't going all-out in that, but yeah Cooler's transformation boost could also be 2 or 3x, but considering Freeza's (made-up) transformation boosts it could be much higher too.

And yeah there's no way it made sense for Goku to beat-up True Form Cooler like that in his regular state.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.