Was Gohan ultimate in Movie 12?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I always took it for granted that he wasn't, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Was he or wasn't he? If he was, then did Toei know regular Saiyans > Freeza?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
No he was not, he's clearly illustrated as a mere base Saiyan straight from the fight with Dabura. Toei depicts going Ultimate as a transformation with the physical differences made perfectly clear in the next movie, I doubt it's just a minor animation issue like them neglecting to give Gohan lightning in M10.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Idea of Gaslight said:
No he was not, he's clearly illustrated as a mere base Saiyan straight from the fight with Dabura. Toei depicts going Ultimate as a transformation with the physical differences made perfectly clear in the next movie, I doubt it's just a minor animation issue like them neglecting to give Gohan lightning in M10.
But then he does seem more defined when he takes-off to one-shot Freeza.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
They still weren't fully outlined nor did he do a visible power up like he does in M13 tho. Plus, I fail to see why Toei wouldn't just have Gotenks go SSJ3 too if they were going to show Ultimate Gohan.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
No.... Ultime Gohan was not revealed in the Anime

Ultimate Cell

High Class Warrior
I think he was base. Toei pretty much confirmed the Idea of base Saiyan's being stronger than Freiza in the Buu saga. Besides why would Gohan go ultimate on Frieza of all people? :idk

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
UltimateGohkan said:
I think he was base. Toei pretty much confirmed the Idea of base Saiyan's being stronger than Freiza in the Buu saga. Besides why would Gohan go ultimate on Frieza of all people? :idk
M12 Freeza was likely vastly superior to his Namek Arc self, given that even Bojack seemed to be under his command.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Captain Cadaver said:
UltimateGohkan said:
M12 Freeza was likely vastly superior to his Namek Arc self, given that even Bojack seemed to be under his command.

Boo arc base Gohan > HFIL Freeza > Dildo > GT Gohands :donovan2

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I don't think so, at least for me. I always took him as base form.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.