Which arc would you rather omit?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
You are only able to select one of the following arcs:

-Black Star DB Arc
-Super 17 Arc

Which would you rather remove from GT, and potentially rewrite into something else?

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
I think Black Star DB has one good story arc, and it has Pan, who is good.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Super #17 Arc had far bigger retcons to the series such as Gero stating #17 was programmed to surpass Cell until Vegeta broke through the GOAT of gates and the only plot thread it had to connect it to the Evil Dragons Arc was the use of the Dragon Balls (there's also Piccolo in hell, but you could have his final meeting with Galu being in heaven and it wouldn't make a difference). You could omit the arc entirely, have the Dragon Balls used just after the Baby Arc in an attempt to restore Earth and you'd have a far tighter narrative and far less plot holes for GT as a whole.

I'd still rather omit Super's entirety over either of them though.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
I wouldn't remove BSDB arc but update it to even better. Super 17 arc should never be made at all.

DannyLaRocca

Well

1.Super #17 based on canon. For example 17 potential > Cell
2.But based on plot ima say Black Star DB Arc the one in space with Pan, Goku, and Trunks. If only because it seemed like a pretty bland and generic rip off of the original Dragon Ball series IMO.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Super #17 for sure. BSDB wasn’t that bad and was kinda important to the series. Super #17 is just pure :trash

Keedounan

Elite
Definitely Super #17. By far the worst arc in GT, as CC stated, it was rather irrelevant for the overall narrative.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.