Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Initially they assumed he was around Cell @ Goku level, but it turned out he was closer to Cell @ Gohan level once they saw him fight. Somewhere in between is fine.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Initially they assumed he was around Cell @ Goku level, but it turned out he was closer to Cell @ Gohan level once they saw him fight. Somewhere in between is fine.
But are those 2 Cells that different for Dabura to fit in-between?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
But are those 2 Cells that different for Dabura to fit in-between?
Yeah. Cell's true speed level was dramatically above his initial level. Dabura doesn't need to be waaaa~y above expectations, he merely needs to exceed them.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Yeah. Cell's true speed level was dramatically above his initial level. Dabura doesn't need to be waaaa~y above expectations, he merely needs to exceed them.
But Goku said Dabura was way stronger... So Dabura was way above his ~Cell [vs goku] level but still noticeably below Cell's real speed level? I can't see the boost being that high, specially when the emphasis was in speed.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
He went from not being able to damage Gohan to outspeeding him and demoralizing him with the bear hug. It was a big change in both speed and power. The quote about Dabura was also in reference to his magic so it wasn't only power that was being considered.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
He didn't damage Gohan afterwards, it was noticed by Goku. And he didn't even hit Gohan before the speed increase, Gohan blocked his kick attempt. Goku said "stronger" too... I think he evaluated Dabura's strength separately to his magic. More like a "he has magic and is way stronger too".

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
He didn't damage Gohan afterwards, it was noticed by Goku. And he didn't even hit Gohan before the speed increase, Gohan blocked his kick attempt. Goku said "stronger" too... I think he evaluated Dabura's strength separately to his magic. More like a "he has magic and is way stronger too".
Even if you want to assume that Goku's quote about Dabura being "way stronger" was strictly about power, there is room to maneuver.

Chapter: 450 (DBZ 256), P2.5, P3.1-4
Context: after Kaioshin again warns against unleashing Boo
Vegeta: “Hmph…The way things are going, this ‘Majin Boo’ guy isn’t going to be anything special, is he? Just like that ‘Dabra’ jerk…[ ] I’m saying that this ‘Dabra’ guy doesn’t seem as bad as you two feared. Looking at his attacks and movement outside earlier, it seems that if we just watch out for his spit, then we should manage something. I can’t call Kibito anything but a bumbler for getting done-in like that…”
Kaioshin: “…Is-is that true, Son Goku?...”
Goku: “Yeah…Well, even if that wasn’t him at full force…I think that before he would have been a frightening opponent, but…7 years ago there was a guy called ‘Cell’…[Dabra]’s probably about as strong as him…”

The initial estimate of Dabura was as vague as it gets. If you have an issue with him being Cell @ Goku level then the quote allows for him to be lower by a decent margin.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
"About as strong as Cell" doesn't allow him to be below by a decent margin... it means they are roughly the same power...

... just as no one interprets Goku's line of "I used 'about half my power" meaning an amount decently below half or above it.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
You're ignoring the word probably. It's a loose estimation of Dabura from the little they saw of him. He could be a bit above or below Cell but it isn't confirmed until they see him actually fight.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Probably means he thinks it's the most likely scenario. If he says it's way stronger than he thought, then it's way stronger than the "probably".

Let's say I say "SSJ2 is probably about as good as me on Hockey" and then I see you playing and say "he's way better than I thought"... it means you're way better than me. I said "probably", but the probably doesn't take away from the sentence... his later estimation conforms to this.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Dabura is closer to Cell when he fought SSJ Gohan. Dabura was fucking with SSJ Gohan just like Cell was against SSJ Goku, and he showed his real speed against SSJ Gohan in his current battle power suppression.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I never thought Goku had any specific leve or even form of Cell in mind. It was just a way of saying “yeah we beat this guy before”. Thus why it doesn’t need to be a comparison to his highest level like most comparisons.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I never thought Goku had any specific leve or even form of Cell in mind. It was just a way of saying “yeah we beat this guy before”. Thus why it doesn’t need to be a comparison to his highest level like most comparisons.
I definitely think Goku was talking about Perfect Cell, LOL.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.