Whis and Beerus exist in DBGT?

SIAD

Elite
I also do not think. It could be wrongly assumed that they could have existed, but never appeared, but since there is no evidence that they exist in DBGT and this was created long before AT thought of making DBS, I say for sure that they do not exist.

Nèro

High Class Warrior
Donor
In the minds of GT fanboys and fangirls, yes.

In actual canon, no.

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
I made it happen in a fanfic I wrote years ago, pretty much everyone levels up past them.

In reality, GT has been erased.

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
GT is just another alternative timeline where some shit happened. Beerus and Whis might exist, certainly I think Whis does, they just didn't come into contact with the mortal world.

If Omega Shenron destroys Earth and the universe then it doesn't matter anything to the angels. They'll just keep on doing what they do.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Emmet said:
GT is just another alternative timeline where some shit happened. Beerus and Whis might exist, certainly I think Whis does, they just didn't come into contact with the mortal world.

If Omega Shenron destroys Earth and the universe then it doesn't matter anything to the angels. They'll just keep on doing what they do.

Surely Beerus would care if the negative energy spread to the Kaioshin Realm and killed Kaioshin.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
SURPASSEDrus is mollywhopped by GT Goku and then decides to sleep for over 100 years. :panties

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
Super Saiyan said:
Emmet said:

Surely Beerus would care if the negative energy spread to the Kaioshin Realm and killed Kaioshin.

Yep, which is why I didn't mention him.

SIAD

Elite
Gogeta SSJ4 is claimed to be the most powerful character in DBGT, therefore neither Beerus nor Whis exist.

AT invented Whis and Beerus many years after DBGT ended and DBGT is an alternate continuation of DBZ (before Whis and Beerus were on AT's mind).

SIAD

Elite
Gogeta SSJ4 is claimed to be the most powerful character in DBGT, therefore neither Beerus nor Whis exist.

AT invented Whis and Beerus many years after DBGT ended and DBGT is an alternate continuation of DBZ (before Whis and Beerus were on AT's mind).

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
SIAD said:

Or SSJ4 Gogeta >>> Beerus :king

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Super Saiyan said:
SIAD said:

Or SSJ4 Gogeta >>> Beerus :king
Baby >>>>>>>> Beerus :king

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
It's pretty obvious the two are separate continuities, given how often Super presents ideas that clash or outright go against GT's continuity. Shin and Kibito split in Super yet stay as Kibitoshin in GT when there'd be equally zero need to, Dragon Balls are used leisurely with no hint of them gathering Minus Energy, etc. As such, whilst you could argue Beerus and Whis exist and simply didn't interact with the main cast for one reason or another (Beerus not having the SSG dream and sleeping far longer), there's no real evidence for it. The only thing hinting at them existing in the same timeline is special dialogue between SS4 Goku/Gogeta and Beerus in Xenoverse, but that can be took as a grain of salt when the whole game's about cross-dimensional shenanigans.

It's also worth noting that, whilst Toriyama's input isn't as large for Super as what many believe, he did still create the two characters as well as the main plot of BoG. He also created DBO which completely goes against GT's continuity and even referred to it as a "fun side story" making it apparent how divorced from the sequels featuring more input from Toriyama GT is.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.