who do u think is still alive...

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
at the end of dragon-ball gt? (if u can & want to answer)

is master-roshi still alive & any-one-else?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
The narrator of the TV Special states that nobody is left from "that time" other than Pan immediately after a scene showing characters with longevity such as Roshi and #18, so they all died in whatever way works. Anyone not showcased in the recap scene would be fair game on surviving though, with Dende being first on the list due to Namekian lifespans and the Dragon Balls still being around (unless assuming the connection between he and the DBs were severed by Goku absorbing them and leaving to the Shen Long Realm, which is a pretty baseless assumption). Other characters with longevity would also be obvious choices such as Popo, Karin and maybe Baba. Maybe #17 as well when considering he wouldn't be part of the group that didn't survive and his cells slowly ageing would probably make him be middle aged at best when considering he and #18 seemed to not age at all in the 20+ years between their debut and role in GT.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
We can't say that she didn't when it's the narrator who presents the idea of her being the only survivor from the celebration at Capsule Corp and Pan never suggests everyone she knew as a child is dead. I wouldn't find it too odd that Pan wouldn't know about Karin when she has zero interaction with him in GT and likely didn't have the health in her old age to regularly check up on many parts of the world. Same for Baba when she never even appeared in GT and often travels to Other World too, and #17 was elusive enough to go under everyone's radar for over 2 decades.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I wouldn't be surprised if Karin was left out of that statement. I think the context was referring to the Z Senshi and their family/close friends. The likes of Karin could reasonably be excluded.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
but iirc dende & mr. popo were there well into the boo-saga, when they made their wish i think before time-skip i think every-one was at the look-out right?! (if u can & want to answer)

i'm not sure abt dragon-ball gt tho i think

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
They definitely can be. Though I still can't see the context being about them when one was the God of the planet and the other was a seemingly immortal attendant to the God. If anyone would be excluded from a statement like that it would be them.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
but iirc dende & mr. popo were there well into the boo-saga, when they made their wish i think before time-skip i think every-one was at the look-out right?! (if u can & want to answer)

i'm not sure abt dragon-ball gt tho i think
The statement was "There is no one left from that time, aside from one person (Pan)" with the clips prior showing footage from the episode where Piccolo dies and showcasing the scene at Capsule Corp. just prior to it. If taking the context as being for those who were at the celebration at the end of the Baby Arc (which is the most logical route due to Dende and Popo being obvious survivors), then the only characters who should factor into "those from that time" beyond Pan are Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Videl, Chichi, Mr. Satan, Kuririn, #18, Marron, Roshi, Yamcha, Pu-erh, Oolong, Bulma, Bra, Tenshinhan, Chaozu, Gill and Gyumao.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
The statement was "There is no one left from that time, aside from one person (Pan)" with the clips prior showing footage from the episode where Piccolo dies and showcasing the scene at Capsule Corp. just prior to it. If taking the context as being for those who were at the celebration at the end of the Baby Arc (which is the most logical route due to Dende and Popo being obvious survivors), then the only characters who should factor into "those from that time" beyond Pan are Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Videl, Chichi, Mr. Satan, Kuririn, #18, Marron, Roshi, Yamcha, Pu-erh, Oolong, Bulma, Bra, Tenshinhan, Chaozu, Gill and Gyumao.
is goku still alive by the end or has he transcended (if i can ask)?

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I'd say Android 8 could be a possibility, since he's based on Frankenstein who's often shown to have an extended lifespan in various media due to being something of a Golem. And I also think we get a glimpse of him in GT looking quite well.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.