Worst filler in DB/Z?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Super Saiyan Overlord1007 said:
Gohan's adventures in the wild before training with Piccolo I didn't really like
If anything, this was amongst the best filler. It actually offered some level of development to Gohan's character in this arc by showing his actual experiences and learning to survive. The manga just has the chapter with Gohan crying and going Oozaru, then cutting to him making a dinosaur his bitch in the next, leaving there to be no sort of development and just an artificial character rewrite.
The part with the orphans was boring though.

Tapion

High Class Warrior
Power-wise, the one where Kid Boo destroys a galaxy. Similarly, the convoluted and retarded Base Goku > Weighted Pikkon > Super Perfect Cell implications are just as bad.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
Inside of Boo or some of the 10 episodes of filler before the Cell Games.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
-Goku in Hell: It lasted as long as it should. It was fun, but it would have been boring had they dragged it on for
longer.
-Snake Princess: WTF was that? Totally pointless. There would be a point if Snake Princess was drawn as a hot
woman, so that i could at least jack off.
-Humans vs Unknown Saiyans: Interesting battle. I don't complain about that.
-Gohan and the orphans: Felt like i was watching a different series, one of those stupid anime soap operas for
kids.
-Vegeta/Nappa at Arlia: An enjoyable, action packed episode, a great way to introduce the power and the cruelty
of the new foes.
-Tuffles flashback: Not sure how to feel about that.
-Gregory: Same concept as Bubbles. As if Goku trying to catch the monkey was not dragged enough already. Yawn.
-Nappa vs Army: A nice break from the main battles.
-Kids in space: Just an excuse to show Bulma in underwear for a whole episode. I enjoyed it in more ways than by
just watching it, if you know what i mean!
-Fake Namek: A pleasant comeback of Early Dragonball adventure elements.
-Goku's spaceship's malfunction: Makes his training seem more cruel and his power more hard earned. A motivational
episode.
-Bulma vs Freeza's soldiers: Makes Bulma looks smart and badass, beating superhuman with her wits.
-Bulma and Ginyu: Recycle of the same Ginyu gags we'd already seen. Pointless.
-Goku's underwater nightmare: One of the most emotional moments in the series.
-Dead Vegeta talking to Goku: Good, but there was no need for Vegeta to be nude.
-Vegeta/Gohan returning to the battlefield: Caused power level inconsistencies (Gohan vs Freeza), plot inconsistencies
(Vegeta seeing SSJ Goku) and made the Goku vs Freeza battle less epic.
-Vegeta vs Enraged Gohan: A nice moment of Vegeta interacting with the others when his intentions were still unclear.
-Garlic Jr Saga: Despite turning the way Gohan's rage works into an even greater mess than it already was, it was
an interesting saga.
-Krillin and Marron: Did anyone notice the plot? I was jacking off to Marron the whole time.
-Goku's/Piccolo's driving lessons: Reduced two great warriors to normal family guys. That just didn't suit characters
like those. Also, totally boring.
-Vegeta's training room exploding: A great character development moment for Vegeta and Bulma. Far better than the
manga's 'it just happened' poor explanation about their relationship.
-Androids 17/18/16 doing bullshit: Their badass, rebellious ways of interacting with human societies, occassionally
having it their way without really using their strength (like during that car chase) was a great touch to their
difference from the murdering simpletons their alternate counterparts were.
-Imperfect Cell vs Krillin: That TOEI human hax gives me headaches. At least Tienshinhan's manga hax had a somewhat
reasonable explanation.
-Goku/Gohan in ROSAT: At last some father/son bonding between Goku/Gohan. I was sad they didn't include some
Vegeta/Trunks ROSAT filler as well.
-Alternate Gohan vs Alternate Androids: I don't care about it contradicting the TV special. It was an awesome
flashback.
-Everything during the 10 days pre Cell Games: Total garbage. Throw it to the dumpster.
-Satan's students vs Cell: Weakened the gag moment of Satan vs Cell.
-SSJ2 Gohan vs Semi Cell: Nice touch, accurately portraying Cell's lack of reason by that point.
-Underworld tournament: Awesome mini saga, not really creating any PL inconsistencies (Pikkon vs Cell can easily be
explained).
-Gohan's teenage drama: If i wanted to watch such stuff, i'd watch american teen drama series.
-Base Gotenks vs Fat Buu: Cool.
-SSJ3 Goku vs Buutenks: Toshes wet dream.
-Inside Buu's body: Everything was too surrealistic. That would suit a series like Spongebob, not Dragonball.
Also, SSJ Goku vs Ultimate Gohan, more wet dreams for Tosh.
-Kid Buu flashback: Not sure whether it contradicts the statement about Kais not being able to pull out the
sword, but it was an enjoyable flashback if you don't give it much thought.
-Yamcha vs Olibu: Why, TOEI?
-Party at Bulma's house: The best way to portray hard earned peace and close the series. Should have ended
there,with no EOZ bs.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.