Would DBGT Be Better If Goku Was Grown Up?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
He's a mary sue character who hogs every piece of spotlight ever and fights annoyingly long in base form even for a Toei series. Also, even when he's serious it doesn't strike me as nearly as desperate as he was against Raditz/Vegeta/Freeza because all of GT's feats are just fucking idiotic like how they went from Baby distorting a dimension to Yi Xing Long getting a power high at blowing up a fucking city block. The fights themselves feel torturous because you can't have two episodes without him having gag fights like most of the evil dragons, fighting those kids in the tournament and being tickled out of the arena or him humiliating Freeza and Cell in possibly the worst fight in the franchise.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I didn't mind him as a kid at first to set of the retro adventure feeling the series was going for. But after attaining SSJ4 he should have been back to his regular body.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
ekrolo2 said:
Am I the only guy who likes GT Goku? He seems to give way more of a damn about other people & the planet rather than just getting a fighting boner like the vast majority of Z.
Not the only guy but part of minority. :gay2

ReMii RK

Southern Gothic said:
I didn't mind him as a kid at first to set of the retro adventure feeling the series was going for. But after attaining SSJ4 he should have been back to his regular body.

I agree. After collecting all of the Dragon Balls and all that stuff with Baby happened, Goku should have became an adult again. I believe the reason Toei kept him as a child was to restrain him a bit due to how powerful he became as an adult? Well, all that shouldn't had mattered once he attained a form that surpasses all his forms as an adult. Turning him to a child was a strange albeit interesting concept for, like, one arc (maybe two; including the Baby arc). But, after that, it got stupid.

Oh, well, GT was over all poorly executed with its well thought out ideas, anyways.

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
Bill Clinton said:
The Goku story could've been handled well. I think Pan really ruined it.
More like GT ruined Pan.

Also, the lack of identity ruined GT.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah, I was told Pan would be more tolerable in the JP version, but about halfway through she is still cancer.

ReMii RK

SuperSaiyan2 said:
Yeah, I was told Pan would be more tolerable in the JP version, but about halfway through she is still cancer.

She wasn't that much different in the sub character-wise. The only tolerable thing was her voice as opposed to her annoying one in the dub. God, I got ear aches every time she spoke in the dub. Especially that scene after Goku ascended into SS4, "Heeeyyy, what is going ooooonn?!" :facepalm2

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
ReMii RK said:
SuperSaiyan2 said:

She wasn't that much different in the sub character-wise. The only tolerable thing was her voice as opposed to her annoying one in the dub. God, I got ear aches every time she spoke in the dub. Especially that scene after Goku ascended into SS4, "Heeeyyy, what is going ooooonn?!" :facepalm2
Yeah, the sub is certainly more tolerable voice wise, but it still doesn't remove the COUNTLESS times where she is fucking whining, which is especially prevalent in the BSDB arc. It's like they put Pan in the show literally to piss people off. :1down :zorc

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
SuperSaiyan2 said:
ReMii RK said:
SuperSaiyan2 said:

Yeah, the sub is certainly more tolerable voice wise, but it still doesn't remove the COUNTLESS times where she is fucking whining, which is especially prevalent in the BSDB arc. It's like they put Pan in the show literally to piss people off. :1down :zorc
If that was their intention then they fucking exceeded! Never before had I had the desire to watch a child die... why didn't Giru just leave her to get eaten by the sand-worm?! She's practically deadweight and they can easily fib around it. It's not like she's nice to him either... she abuses him physically and mentally most of the time to the point where he doesn't even feel safe around her.

"Girl's get stronger when they cry"... No, FUCK YOU!!! :trump

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Should've been a shorter timeskip before EoGT to show Pan post-puberty so she wouldn't be remembered as a 10 year old skank and a 120 year old ragged shit.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.