Would SSJ4 have been more badass if the shirts were still destroyed after they reverted?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I noticed that in the Dragon Ball Heroes manga adaptation, Xeno characters who reverted to base from SSJ4 retained the shirtlessness. Would this have made SSJ4 more badass, and Goku and Vegeta more badass in turn? Kid Goku only went shirtless a couple of times in GT and both times he was badly damaged, and if he'd remained shirtless for basically the entirety of the Evil Dragons arc it could have added a degree of increased stakes to the otherwise comedic conflict.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
SSJ4 would be more bad ass if the pants and boots disappeared as well. The fur could easily cover the crotch.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Why u wanna see shirtless men so bad 🤨
I thought that was what DBZ was about, it ain't real til Goku's shirt comes off

tumblr_oe896zE1Le1st6sxuo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
SSJ4 would be more bad ass if the pants and boots disappeared as well. The fur could easily cover the crotch.
I think it'd just look more plain if it was just a red monkey with wild hair. Maybe Goku's pants wouldn't be restored, but since Mr. Satan was nearby he could just lend Goku a spare gi of his own, and Goku could use Bulma's capsule clothing watch (similar to the one Gohan used for his Great Saiyaman outfit) to make himself clothing when going SSJ4.

The_Authority

Low Class Warrior
I think that Super Saiyan 4 would be a lot cooler if it didn't create clothing for them. I understand that Goku turning into a giolen ōzaru created a situation where he needed clothing, but I feel like there could've been a way around it. In the very least, the clothing could have been generated by someone to cover him up or it could've been a one-time thing. I really dislike the clothing generating thing in Dragon Ball.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
What bothers me more is the clothing doesn’t match their base form. Goku’s belt and wrist bands change colors and I think Vegeta’s clothing is slightly altered too.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
What bothers me more is the clothing doesn’t match their base form. Goku’s belt and wrist bands change colors and I think Vegeta’s clothing is slightly altered too.
Pr much a callback to Z Goku/Vegeta. Goku's clothes match his Cell/Boo saga clothing minus the yellow pabts and styling of his boots and ankle guards and Vegeta's gloves cover his fingers like Z Vegeta on top of his hair growing back to match his Z haircut.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I kinda wish Future Trunks just became SSJ4 instead of SSJ Ikari since the latter form is just a discount SSJ Blue mixed in with SSJ2. They could've just made his tail grow back, and had Vegeta create a false moon for Trunks and make Bulma and Mai's pleas cause him to regain control. It'd also provide a far greater contrast with Black's flashy and elegant godly Rose form if Trunks used the most barbaric and primal looking, mortal SSJ4 form rather than a pseudo-Blue form.

Last edited:

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.