Wrath of The Dragon

Classic Adamas

Zeta Elite
Global Moderator
I looked for a thread on this one but I couldn't find it so I thought I'd make it.

Out of boredom I just watched this one tonight, for the first time in like ten years. Overall I thought it was entertaining enough; satisfying seeing the crew fight a giant monster. I understand that it had a relatively short runtime of 51 minutes and as a result needed to move quickly, but I felt that much of the events in the story seemed rushed and were things that would have been interesting to see expanded on, such as the Dragon Ball hunt, slice of life stuff, or more on Tapion's origin and his relationship with his brother. Ultimately I found it incredibly stupid how the big bad of the movie decides he would actuate his plot by committing suicide. I'm not sure what he planned on accomplishing there unless he knew of the Saiyaman and was confident they would even save him. Also, how did he get to earth? How does he know of Shenron? What is his motivation to summon Hirudegarn and destroy the earth in the first place? Why would the Z Senshi randomly agree to search the earth for all the Dragon Balls only to help some weird red manlet and give the wish to him? None of that really makes any sense to me. It seems like it was all hastily thrown together as an excuse to get to the monster, and I suppose that's all it needed to be.

Also odd that mystic Gohan and SSJ3 Gotenks were brushed aside fairly easily while Goku gets hax and finishes the job, but the SSJ3 Dragon Fist is a pretty awesome visual so I cannot complain.

Overall I'd say it's okay but not the best I've seen.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Hirudegarn being such a shitty villain killed this movie for me.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
The fact that Goku literally had SSJ3 and Dragon Fist at his fingertips but decided to fuck around in SSJ2 and get stomped with everyone else is what kills the movie for me. Had it been just half an hour longer and had they fused into Gogeta and still failed to get the job done, defused and then given all their energy to Goku for him to strike at an injured spot that Gogeta created, it'd have been a far better movie.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.