Yo! Son-Goku & his Friends return!!

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Very, very under-rated. At the time was so kewl to see a new DragonBall story after such a long time, before all what we have now, which is arguably over-exposure. Not only that but in my opinion out of all the DragonBall stories after the ending of DragonBall Z, this was the most DragonBall like out of them all. Had that true DragonBall feel to that. DragonBall Super has nothing on this.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
It was decent, but too short and the villains were awful.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
SSJ7 Gogeta said:
It was decent, but too short and the villains were awful.
The comedy was gr9 though. And the villains were supposed to be jokes. Freeza wasn't a threat to them anymore. That was just supposed to be like a quick re-union with old friends, but not a permanent one. Just seeing them once again in a long time.

Classic Adamas

Zeta Elite
Global Moderator
I definitely prefer it to any of the material that came after it. Nice visuals, acceptable story, everyone got their shine at some point, Tarble was an interesting concept etc.

The main downside of course were the antagonists Abo and Cado, and the fact that they were Freeza-tier (back before the Suparar-fap-buff.)

Obviously it wasn't one of those uber serious affairs. Just a fun OVA for the fans.

Also:
images

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I heard the OVA was based on a story by AT (back when he was good, I guess :AT :AT :AT ) written long-ago, but just something he never put in the manga or anywhere so they thought they'd use that story themselves.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Well, yeah, I get what the point was, but I still didn't care for the villains at all. They're better than any villain in Super, though. HYUK HYUK HYUK.

Classic Adamas

Zeta Elite
Global Moderator
I think they said the same thing about BOG and FNF. :troll

I wonder if now that Funimation is back at it, if they'll dub this and Episode of Bardock at some point. Could include it as a DVD or Blu-ray extra or something.

Hard to believe it's ten years old. I thought it was dated back when I watched it six years ago.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Yeah, now that you mention that. 10 years ago. Meng, how time flies by. :mikey :mikey :mikey

Classic Adamas

Zeta Elite
Global Moderator
2kewl4u said:
Yeah, now that you mention that. 10 years ago. Meng, how time flies by. :mikey :mikey :mikey

Always feels like that in hindsight. Battle of Gods is five years old.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Never found it to be good. The plot is overall uneventful and it's new characters are too worthless to even make a cameo in Super. It was decent as fanservice, though still just a skippable cashgrab. Best praise I have for it is at least it isn't Time Travelling Bardock, Retconned Kal-El Kakarotto or Not So Super.

SIAD

Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
Best praise I have for it is at least it isn't Time Travelling Bardock, Retconned Kal-El Kakarotto or Not So Super.

Nor does Broly appear.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.