Yo! Son-Goku & His Friends Return

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
...was a (left-over) concept/story thought of by AT but one that he didn't use. Toei saw or remembered that and got Takao Koyama to write-out a fully fleshed-out script.

Is that correct or not? I swear I remember hearing this somewhere.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
No idea, but I like this OVA. Fite me

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
Fantastische Hure said:
...was a (left-over) concept/story thought of by AT but one that he didn't use. Toei saw or remembered that and got Takao Koyama to write-out a fully fleshed-out script.

Is that correct or not? I swear I remember hearing this somewhere.

I think Supreme is the one I heard it from. Ask him.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I heard that a long time ago. SSJ2 could know though.

And I'm not even sure why you say fite me? That's one of my absolute fav.s from the movies/ovas.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
Most people dislike it. A lot of people just hate on the newer movies because it's cool to hate on them.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I didn't hate it. I found it much better than GT or Super at least.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
According to Kanzenshuu the original draft came from AT but the screenplay is from Koyama. I don't know about Tori not using it though.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Yo! Son-Goku & His Friends Return!! felt more like classic DragonBall to me than modern DragonBall. Normally I consider everything from BoG onward modern DB.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
That's also possibly because they used music from Dragon Ball Z in the short film, while everything minus post-Yamamoto scandal Kai has had newly composed music.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Oh ye. I'm not sure what to think of DB-Kai. Threading that weird line between classic and modern.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I barely watched Boo arc Kai because it only deleted some filler, like Goku and Vagina fighting those illusions of Gotenks/Gohan/Piccolo while not deleting other filler. Also found the music lackluster even compared to Saiyan-Cell arc Kai or GT/Super.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Boo arc used its own score, the original Kai did also but it was discovered to be a bunch of plagiarized songs from other sources so they replaced it with the Z music

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
After the Yamamoto scandal, the Saiyan, Freeza, and Cell arc Kai uses the OG Kikuchi score. Boo arc Kai uses Sumitomo's -- some of which you hear in Super.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.