Your Interest On Filler Stuff...

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Am I the only one that felt that watching filler episode feel like a waste of time? Do you feel the same thing?

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
Fillers i liked...
-Fake Namek
-Garlic Jr Saga
-Krillin and Marron (fanservice!)
-Otherworld tournament
-Party at Bulma's house

Fillers i disliked...
-Gohan and the orphans
-Driving lessons
-10 days pre Cell Games
-High school Gohan
-In Buu's body

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
Most of the time. I do like the filler in the afterlife tournament and Great Saiyaman Arc.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Goku and Piccolo learning to drive was the best by far. Z Fighters vs Ginyus and Afterlife Budokai was good too.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Some filler was good due to being either more character focused or filling in gaps that made points seem rushed. For instance, training segments that were skipped over in favour of a timeskip which makes the manga devoid of on-screen effort from it's characters. If I were to list all the good filler, they'd be:

The filler with Colonel Violet - Helped make her an actual character rather than some background scenery.
Goku's training for the 22nd TB - Made his gains feel far more deserved as we saw him venture out and actually train rather than just having a timeskip.
Practically any of the filler in the 22nd TB - Made many of the fights far more engaging, as well as Tsuru Sennin's assassination attempt on Goku make his character seem far less one-dimensional as we saw how he genuinely cares for Taopaipai.
Goku and Yajirobe searching for the Choshinsui - Far better in terms of making the power up feel deserved, since in the manga it easily the worst asspull in part 1 DB (apart from maybe Cyborg Taopaipai).
The training for the 23rd TB - Same reason as the 22nd.
Gohan's training in the Saiyan Arc - In the manga, Gohan goes from a crybaby in one chapter to chasing a dinosaur in the next, making his character development feel rushed. The anime thankfully fixes this.
Goku's training in the spaceship - Helped give him his own experiences as a character, rather than treating his existence like a plot device.
Any DBS filler involving Kuririn - Toei have done a good job at handling and highlighting his character.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Goku and Yajirobe's adventure to get the Super-God-Water is definitely the best one to me. Any "filler" from DragonBall I can watch though, because the anime-original stuff still felt like an actual part of the show, instead of just blatantly dragging things out or feeling out of place or just holding-out with a completely not interesting filler saga (Garlic Jr. or the after-life tournament) basically DragonBall Z filler.

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
Awesome filler:
- Driving Ball Z
- Fake Namek
- High School Gohan
- Yamcha playing baseball
- Krillin throws rock at Goku

Ok filler
Garlic jr. Saga though my wife HATES it. I remembered it real fondly because the geocities and Angelfire pages back then never talked about it, it was like brand new secret Dragon ball. :troll :troll :troll

Worst filler of all time
- Gohan and the orphans/making his way home and turning back
- boring ass filler tournament
- inside Buu's stomach :brother

The_Authority

Low Class Warrior
Aside from the filler that doesn't make sense (such as Tenshinhan, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu vs. the Ginyus), it's fine. Why is it any more of a "waste of time" than anything else? When you're opting for the anime experience, that's what you sign up for. If you don't want the filler, then read the manga. It's pretty simple, really.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I prefer watching filler the first time around for the sake of completion. After that I consider it one and done, and just like to stick with the good stuff. Some of the filler is kind of nostalgic for me. Ten, Yamucha and Chaozu vs Ginyus is a mess but I remember it fondly through my early years. I guess it's leave it or take it, but the more I watch the more it sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

In the Buu saga it goes filler overboard.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.