Zeta watches GT

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Fearless Saiyajin said:
How did Don Kia manage to copy Earth's money?
He played monopoly. :troll2

Yeah, the GT soundtrack is some really good stuff. Also, Episodes 1-4 actually sets up the show really, really well. Every other time I watched GT, I binged watched a few disks at a time. Taking the episodes at a slower pace made me appreciate this part of the show a little more. I think that kind of gets lost when the show goes off the rails as time goes on.

Episode 5 & 6 next.

Also, who came up with the idea that Goku, Trunks and Pan were the team to go with lol.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
My only problem is that Goku, Trunks, and Pan feel like normal humans in the first few episodes. Like it's like they can't fly, easily beat random soldiers with guns, or even catch a running robot.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
That's pretty lulzy considering they made Goku vs. Oob the first fucking scene in the series itself, lol

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
That's a good point. They become like this weird RPG team. Trunks spends most of his time fixing things and playing the mechanic...much like early Bulma. Pan is the troublemaker, and Goku is the muscle/comic relief.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I actually think GT would've been better off skipping to Goku and Vegeta's descendants from the start. There wasn't much left to explore of Goku or the others after they defeated multiple universal threats, so the episodic situations just ended up looking retarded.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
If they wanted to go the "new generation" route, I think the adventures of Trunks, Goten and Pan would have been more suited. I think that combination would have suited the tone of the show better as well. We'd get some awesome Gotenks action, SSJ Pan and the Goku wank would have stayed on Earth. SSJ4 could have still been introduced with Gotenks, so I see a lot of the same notes still being hit along the way, just not focusing on Goku.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Well that's the thing. If Goku's alive (or even just around) nothing will keep Toei from wanking him to death :troll :troll

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Goten has the dishonorable feat of making GT trunks look well designed

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
It pisses me off that the opening credits still show Trunks using his sword, but it is never once seen in the entire run of the series. Ledgic has more swords than Trunks, who is never as bad ass as he was for those three seconds during the credits.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
It's sad when his best look post Z is a green jogging suit. :troll

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Southern Gothic said:
If they wanted to go the "new generation" route, I think the adventures of Trunks, Goten and Pan would have been more suited. I think that combination would have suited the tone of the show better as well. We'd get some awesome Gotenks action, SSJ Pan and the Goku wank would have stayed on Earth. SSJ4 could have still been introduced with Gotenks, so I see a lot of the same notes still being hit along the way, just not focusing on Goku.
The ratings would fell down if Goku wasn't there. :cage2

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Drama said:
Am I the only one who hates Pan?
No, 99% of DB/Z/Super/GT hates her. I think it should be Toriyama's style in order to make her likable cuz baby Pan is adorable. :troll

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
I don't. I don't think she's the best character or anything but I also don't see how she's more annoying than someone like Kid Gohan or BoDB Bulma - who people rarely complain about as much as they do Pan.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Kid Gohan wasn't acting like a leader everytime like Pan does. About Bulma, i don't talk much about DB.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Fuck, can't watch today

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.