3m Number Destroyed

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Dragon Ball is a story. If you're going to powerscale every little thing, then discarding the context in which statements are made or feats occur is silly. The characters are indeed the author's mouthpieces, but they are also characters.
The reader is indeed aware of Piccolo's weighted clothing when that statement is made. That knowledge affects the context of the scene in question. Now, I think what you're trying to say is that the basic takeaway of the scene remains the same whether the reader is actually thinking about the weighted clothing or not, and that's true.

It's a statement provided by the author giving us an idea of strictly how powerful Kamiccolo would be.
It's a statement that we rely on to inform our decision on where to place a hypothetical Kamiccolo. That sounds like the same thing, but it's not.

It's just a straightforward assessment for the reader.
No one disagrees on the straightforward point that the scene is meant to convey (more or less), but when you decide to scale this shit with numbers, you've moved past making straightforward assessments. Ascribing a number to a hypothetical Kamiccolo's weighted power level is some shit that the average reader will never seriously engage with.

Last edited:

FeatsofPower

High Class Warrior
So he can't make a logical guess?
He doesn’t need to guess, he is outright sensing Piccolo’s ki. Nail has no idea that Piccolo is wearing weights just like any other unsuspecting character.

It's a statement provided by the author giving us an idea of strictly how powerful Kamiccolo would be. It's just a straightforward assessment for the reader.
We can’t know Toriyama’s true intentions here and one could easily argue that the true intention is for Weighted Piccolo to be slightly superior to Freeza.

Either way the in-universe logic would trump the author’s intentions.

Goku9001

Mid Class Warrior
He doesn’t need to guess, he is outright sensing Piccolo’s ki. Nail has no idea that Piccolo is wearing weights just like any other unsuspecting character.

We can’t know Toriyama’s true intentions here and one could easily argue that the true intention is for Weighted Piccolo to be slightly superior to Freeza.

Either way the in-universe logic would trump the author’s intentions.
It's a straightforward assessment using information we already know. The statement is made for the reader, not Piccolo. As @Kyo said, the reasonable reader wouldn't be assigning both weighted and unweighted values and just take it at face value.

Your interpretation of in-universe logic doesn't trump the author's work. Fat chance.

If you want to use that logic, there's still no issues.

Piccolo:
~Weighted: 270
~Full Power: 300
~Weighted Kamiccolo: 540
~Full Power Kamiccolo: 600
~Weighted Piccolo (Post-Nail): 1,300,000
~Full Power Piccolo (Post-Nail): 1,500,000

Frieza:
~2nd Form (Initial): 1,060,000
~2nd Form (Powered Up): 1,260,000
~2nd Form (Full Power): 1,450,000
~3rd Form: 1,850,000
~4th Form (Initial): 2,250,000
~4th Form (No Hands/Speed Up): 3,200,000
~4th Form (Warm Up vs. Goku): 2,700,000

Goku:
~ Warm Up: 2,600,000
~ Full Power: 3,000,000

At best, the numbers slightly increase but there's no drastic deviation as you're suggesting here.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
To be clear, I'm on the weighted Piccolo >= half of Freeza side. I just don't think having it that way changes the basic message being conveyed, but a closer examination of the details leads me to this conclusion.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
As far as how it affects the 3m figure (I didn't realize anyone thought it did, I thought this was an unrelated tangent), I don't think it does. The 3m figure gets tricky when you get past 3rd form Freeza.

FeatsofPower

High Class Warrior
It doesn’t matter what your interpretation is. The author let us know that Weighted Kamiccolo ~ Freeza is what is being conveyed.

Goku9001

Mid Class Warrior
It doesn’t matter what your interpretation is. The author let us know that Weighted Kamiccolo ~ Freeza is what is being conveyed.
That's such a vague rebuttal. "Here's your interpretation, but it doesn't matter. Here's what I think".

FeatsofPower

High Class Warrior
Yeah, it is what it is. Your personal preferences don’t mean anything. You have to take what the author gives you.

Goku9001

Mid Class Warrior
Yeah, it is what it is. Your personal preferences don’t mean anything. You have to take what the author gives you.
This is how you sidestep an argument without addressing it. It's not a personal preference to claim that the author is just giving an assessment of Piccolo's strength that is easily understood. The weighted clothing isn't given any emphasis here so whether that impacts the intent of Toriyama's statement is anyone's guess.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. It doesn't really impact the 3 million figure all that much. It's your personal preference that the figure greatly exceeds 3 million but that at all isn't supported by the official guides we are given.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
The 3 million number is tight, but so are most of the gaps in the Saiyan and Freeza Sagas. This is why I don't bloat my numbers unless I absolutely have to, at least not anymore.

Latest profile posts

If we could focus well we'd be doing other things
I have never been able to focus well : o