Battle of Gods compared to the other DB movies

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
How do you think BoG stack up to the other movies in terms of quality?

For me, it has less of a DB-feeling, but is objectively better due to differentiating from the formula.

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
Wretch, f'n terrible, Hilamedeyawn was a better villain and there was like 20 or 30 minutes of pure filler. Bad humor, ruins everything you like from Z, other than Buu's antics My wife and I laughed at how crappy it was. (we watched it for free on YouTube and she walked out before the low rate fight fight scene.)

Now I regret not watching B0rly 4 when it was on youtube 5 in the morning. :cry

Pakl

High Class Warrior
The best movie because it's canon. All the non canon villians were bad because tgey were not original but a copy from the series

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Better than the rest by a significant margin. Not a single DBZ movie is worth watching.

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
It's the best DBZ movie hands down. The story, pacing and general voice acting (both japanese and english) are on-point and Beerus is one of the best characters added to the franchise.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Pretty mid tier by DBZ movie standards. It isn't a complete time waster for what it tried to be, adding a new way to continue the series rather than just being some 45-60 minute irrelevant popocorn flick like the others, but it had some of the biggest plot holes and contrivances out of them with things such as Vegeta's rage boost, prophecy being able to exist in a series where the future can be drastically changed with time travel and the many problems with Super Saiyan God. Goku not being able to overcome the main villain was a good change of pace at least, plus it did have the best end credits out of any of the films due to the manga panel montage.

Pakl said:
The best movie because it's canon
Canonicity doesn't affect quality. Super is seemingly canon whereas GT isn't, yet the former's plot holes and handling of characters is far worse than anything GT did, for instance.

All the non canon villians were bad because tgey were not original but a copy from the series.
Garlic Jr, Dr. Uiro and Tullece could only be considered copies of those in the main series in terms of superficial elements to do with the fight sequences for the former two and only "they're both evil Saiyans" to connect Tullece to the villains of the Saiyan Arc, with Broly and Hildegarn having no equivalents in the main series. Definitely not arguing against them being bad, but your reasoning for it is far from being absolute.

Future Warrior

Elite
It's one of the better DBZ movies. It definitely feels the most like a Toriyama creation that is a part of the original manga.

They could have vastly lessened the gag scenes though...

Future Warrior

Elite
It's one of the better DBZ movies. It definitely feels the most like a Toriyama creation that is a part of the original manga.

They could have vastly lessened the gag scenes though...

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Mid-tier

It has a ton of fucking issues, but is still better than some of the more boring or redundant movies. It's certainly no Movie 9 or 12.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
I don't like the animation looks, it feels too bland for my taste. But as a story it's one of the best IMO.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.