Battle-of-Gods is over a decade-old

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
25k
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
32,443
Age
31
technically goes in movies & dragonball gt section but you know

it's un-believable battle-of-gods is over 13 years now. feels just like yester-day. I still remember the hype (in me) when it was announced a new DragonBall movie would come-out I think back-in 2012 with Akira Toriyama involved. obviously modern DB wasn’t as good as I was hoping to be but still felt like a dream after years of DragonBall AF jokes (well that’s mostly about DB-Super but AT’s involvement with Battle-of-Gods makes this count too)

I think even on DBZF there was a member with the designs or some-thing for the series shown as signature or some-thing or maybe I’m misremembering.

time-flies, meng.

@Mystic @SSJ2 @Warmmedown
 

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Joined
Oct 12, 2014
Messages
69,850
Age
29
Battle of Gods coincided with one of the best eras of time within the fandom. Its announcement helped start ones of the biggest booms seen in the Dragon Ball fandom, bringing in old and new fans. It's no stretch to say that this site would have never existed if it wasn't for Battle of Gods bringing so many people to forums. Was truly a legendary time.
 

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
25k
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
32,443
Age
31
Battle of Gods coincided with one of the best eras of time within the fandom. Its announcement helped start ones of the biggest booms seen in the Dragon Ball fandom, bringing in old and new fans. It's no stretch to say that this site would have never existed if it wasn't for Battle of Gods bringing so many people to forums. Was truly a legendary time.
It was an exciting time to put into perspective, since the end of manga in 1995 (a time I couldn’t even remember) AT hadn’t been involved in a meaning-full way with DragonBall since. When it was announced a new DragonBall movie with AT that was crazy I think I think. I thought he’d be the legendary figure retired for-ever & never show himself again. He did that stuff for random Blue-Dragon IP but even then he said it most likely would be the last anime-related thing he’d ever do. Battle-of-Gods came-out of no-where. & it co-incided or helped (can’t remember) with a time where I started coming-back to manga/anime after a-long-time of differences in my life (the move) IIRC.
 

Mystic

Zeta Elite
Global Moderator
Joined
May 30, 2015
Messages
30,529
Age
18
I would have been 13 or 14 years old, and I definitely remember the hype. People allegedly had cam recordings from Japanese cinemas and I went to dodgy websites trying to watch it. Who can forget Kaboom and his "his name is Beerus!!" In response to "Bills" :troll

I might be wrong, but I believe there was like a 16 or 17 year gap between releases of new Dragon Ball content, if you don't count video games and OVAs. What's crazy is that BOG is now 13 years old. What's even more crazy is that Super only ran from 2015-2018, and ended almost ten years ago.

It might be due to the fact that I'm grown up now, but the excitement during that time around 2011-2013 is something that cannot be replicated. It was a perfect time to get involved in the fandom.
 

Latest profile posts

Bolsonaro is the rightful democratically elected president of Brazil
Top