Broly stronger than Janemba and Hirudaguan?

TheGmGoken

Low Class Warrior
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/07/07/takao-koyamas-thoughts-on-battle-of-gods/

From Broly creator
In handling the scripts for the films, what I always worried about each time was the problem of what to do about the opponent Goku fights against. That’s because, at the very least, they had to be stronger than [the ones from] the previous movie.
After much hard work, I was unable to come up with an opponent stronger than Broli, and fell into a rut where I made him appear three times.
That is to say, there’s the matter of questioning the idea of Broli as the strongest. As you are well aware, vehement opinions on the subject have been flying back and forth on this message board, as well as a variety of [other] websites.

For this time, Goku’s opponent, designed by Toriyama-sensei, was even a God of Destruction.
In the world of Dragon Ball Z, that’s a setting where even Broli, before the God of Destruction, would face a gap like that between a Yokozuna and the very bottom of the sumo ranks. That Broli, reduced to a pushover.

Only, from the impression I got of the character on the screen, Broli was scarier, no contest. Am I the only one who found that Broli looked overwhelmingly frightening? Or am I just biased towards my own creation?

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
I think he's either biased in his creation or gave into fan service and wrote 3 Broly movies. I fail to see how Broly could be stronger than Janemba or Hirudegarn given the feats they have opposed to Broly's failure in beating SSJ2 Gohan with ease which those could've done. I find it impossible for Broly to be stronger than Janemba because the same guy who created Broly created Janemba whom he wrote Goku to say is indirectly far more powerful than Broly ever was soooo.....

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
I also have a hard time imagining that Bojack being stronger than Broly too. At least Hirudegarn and Janemba are magical beings which is believable to be stronger than Broly.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
He did imply that Broly's power was up to debate, so it's essentially saying that it's purely his <del>bias</del> opinion. He may also be factoring in spinoff material such as DBH, though that's unlikely (even if it makes this seem dozens of times more reasonable if talking about LSSJ3/4 Broly).

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
If you read into the guy's statement carefully, he says new villains need to be "at least stronger than the [ones from] the previous movie," so Broly is stronger than any villain that came before him, but not after. In which case:
M10 Broly>Super Bojack>M8 Broly

High Class Warrior
Dagon said:
If you read into the guy's statement carefully, he says new villains need to be "at least stronger than the [ones from] the previous movie," so Broly is stronger than any villain that came before him, but not after. In which case:
M10 Broly>Super Bojack>M8 Broly
I can understand that but what about Bio Broly? SSJ Broly handled both of them rather easily, yet Bio Broly had some difficulties with them, they could even take him solo for a while in the movie.

To be fair I go with.

M12 Kids = Post ROSAT Kids > M11 Kids = Budokai/Pre-ROSAT Kids > M10 Kids = Pre-Budokai Kids

I the kids considerably stronger but still not enough to fight with SSJ Broly the way they fought with Bio Broly.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Bio Broli was facing weak guys... koyama said that he was unable to make a stronger villain so he made him appear three times which explains why Bio Broli is weaker

Anyway, most fans around the forums say Bojack > M8 Broli nowadays

Syn

Mid Class Warrior
Super Saiyan Overlord1007 said:
Alright going back to Pakl I've heard that he may be Guliver but I still fail to see what's so bad about "Pakl"
They're the same person.

High Class Warrior
Syn said:
Alright going back to Pakl I've heard that he may be Guliver but I still fail to see what's so bad about "Pakl"
They're the same person.
That's not really answering the question. I've seen that Guliver may be "Pakl" but what I want to know is what about him is so bad? What has he done? Rat out the mob, makes some insanely stupid theory that the farmer with Shotgun is the most powerful being in DBZ why is he so bad (Pakl)? That's the question I'm asking.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Syn said:
They're the same person.
That's not really answering the question. I've seen that Guliver may be "Pakl" but what I want to know is what about him is so bad? What has he done? Rat out the mob, makes some insanely stupid theory that the farmer with Shotgun is the most powerful being in DBZ why is he so bad (Pakl)? That's the question I'm asking.
Your questions seem innocent enough, but for now, let's not discuss other members too much, at least not in the Dragon Ball section.

Plz and thx.

FutureProtagonist

Low Class Warrior
My "shit" >> everything anyone ever said about Broli
This is why people have a problem with you. That claim is completely ridiculous; come back when you've read everything that anyone's ever written about the subject. If you want people to take you seriously, stop acting like you can never be wrong.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
FutureProtagonist said:
My "shit" >> everything anyone ever said about Broli
This is why people have a problem with you. That claim is completely ridiculous; come back when you've read everything that anyone's ever written about the subject. If you want people to take you seriously, stop acting like you can never be wrong.
How easy is to say that what I say is ridiculous without having any source to back yourself up.. Come back with better evidence next time.. I don't claim I am right whole the time... This is something that biased people who go against my view always pull out of their asses

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.