Can SSJ4 use Kaio-Ken?

Future Warrior

Elite
Asking as someone with a limited amount of knowledge of GT.

SSJ4 seems to be the culmination of two great powers resulting in the perfect battle state for Saiyans. It doesn't seem that the form would grant any strain to coincide with it's great power, so I don't get why Goku never attempted to use the Kaio-Ken to beat guys superior to himself.

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
Any form of SSJ should, but it can backfired If the form isn't master.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
In theory, yes, Kaio-Ken could be used with Super Saiyan 4. The form seems to provide very little stamina drain, almost as if it's a Saiyan's natural state (similar to mastering Super Saiyan 1, but slightly different). Kaio-Ken was put on the shelf because it would have interfered with 4's awesomeness. Considering there was nothing further than 4 in GT, it wasn't necessary. Kaio-Ken works with Super Saiyan Blue in Super because there are many transformations in that show, so Blue is devalued regardless.

The_Authority

Low Class Warrior
I don't see why not. I honestly don't know where this myth came from that Kio-ken could not be used with Super Saiyan power, but I bought into it too. Clearly, Super changed that. Actually, if I recall, Toei decided that it was a dumb notion as well and I'm pretty sure they had Goku use the Kaio-ken as a Super Saiyan in the Other World Budokai.

In any event, there's nothing that would believe me that he wouldn't be able to use it. I feel like at that point in his life, Goku knows exactly how to not be ravaged by the energy drain.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
He prolly will in the new DBH anime, only to get one shotted by the mystery Saiyan who beds Golden Coola at night :manabu

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Maybe he can but I think the effect would be similar to his full power post Saiyans absorption.

VampireWicked

High Class Warrior
I see no reason why it cannot be used.
SuperSaiyan, AscendedSaiyan, SuperSaiyan 3, SuperSaiyan 4, SuperSaiyan God RED, SuperSaiyan Blue, LimitBreaker Blue, Ultra-Instinct, Complete Ultra-Instinct.
Are transformations.

Kaioken is a buff.
It multiples what's already there.
However Kaioken might cause more aggressive behavior since SuperSaiyan 4 is a more primal transformation.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Whis stated that Super Saiyan Blue uses up a lot of stamina, yet Goku eventually got to the point where he could pull off high levels of Kaioken on top of Blue like it's second nature. Using Kaioken on top of a Super Saiyan transformation was also a theme that was put into use in the Other World Saga, in Goku's fight with Pikkon. With that said, I don't see what would prevent the technique from being compatible with Super Saiyan 4. The Kaioken aura would look great with it.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Mr. Giraffe said:
He prolly will in the new DBH anime, only to get one shotted by the mystery Saiyan who beds Golden Coola at night :manabu

We all know this mystery Saiyan is UI LSSJB4 Time Breaker :pakl

Flame

High Class Warrior
Yeah, but he'd probably die if he tried.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Yamcha said:
Assuming similar laws to in DBS apply, I doubt he would, considering SSB is far more taxing on the stamina than SS4 is.

Flame

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
Yamcha said:
Assuming similar laws to in DBS apply, I doubt he would, considering SSB is far more taxing on the stamina than SS4 is.
It was about energy control. So I guess it just depends on how well SS4's energy control is.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
It should be far better than SSB's, seeing as how the statement of SSB draining stamina quickly was in both the anime and manga, whereas the only times SS4 was shown to exhaust enough Ki to force the user out of the form were Goku's failed explosion against Super #17 and both he and Vegeta getting fatigued after a long fight with Yi Xing Long. Then again, Goku does state that he could sometimes lose control of the strength SS4 has, though that was likely just to goad Qi Xing Long after he absorbed Pan. Overall, I'd still say the Ki control of SS4 is better, since he's been shown to amplify his power through techniques like the 10x Kamehameha and Ryu-ken, whereas SSB's only buffs have been through either it's completion (manga-wise) or rage/resolve boosts (anime-wise).

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
There's no doubt that he can use a Kaioken and the real question is that how far can he multiply the Kaioken technique given that by absorbing the other SSjins power proves that SSjin4 has a limit.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.