DBGT Appreciation Thread

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
NO Negativity Allowed!

poster_dragon_ball_gt__baby_vegeta_vs_goku_by_dony910-d5f2uo0.jpg

We all know that 99.9% of DB fans thinks that GT suck like a cancer but let's have an open minded and appreciate the series.

Fearless: One of the positive things that GT made was the SSjin4. It really looks like a true Saiyan form by combining the Super Saiyan and Great Ape form which produced a tremendous power and cooler design. Also the fact that only SSjin4 can break the wish of Shenron pretty much made SSjin4 kinda a big deal. The Baby Arc is without a doubt the best arc of the series, Toei greatly explored the story between the Tuffle and the Saiyans which is a good story arc IMO.

Your turn. :toei

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
The Baby Arc was a positive edition. Whilst the other arcs were low effort copy-pastes of previous plot lines, this arc bothered to expand on the Tsufurian lore and have a far more engaging and well paced plot than the Hatchiyack OVA it was based on, with Baby being one of the few villains who's actions were somewhat justified (at least up until the mass mind control).

Keedounan

Elite
What was good ? Well, for what's on top of my mind.

1)Baby Vegeta was a pretty effective villain, especially compared to most of the Toei villains.
2)The SSJ4
3)Gogeta
4)The ending

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Whilst designs don't add to the substance or critical quality of the series, I'd say that some of the designs of new characters were some of the coolest in the franchise. Aside from the already mentioned SS4, Yi Xing Long, San/Si Xing Long and Super Vegeta Baby 2 all had very cool designs, as expected of Toei's DB staff during the 90s.

Jerk Store

High Class Warrior
Suspended
Bebi
Vegeta killing Nappa again.

That's literally it.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Whilst not necessarily a positive overall, being a continuation past the manga's ending made it's tension seem far less fake than in Super, where you know there won't be any long term repercussions for Universe 7's cast no matter what happens.

Tapion

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
Whilst not necessarily a positive overall, being a continuation past the manga's ending made it's tension seem far less fake than in Super, where you know there won't be any long term repercussions for Universe 7's cast no matter what happens.

Unless they decide to retcon EoZ.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Captain Cadaver said:

99% of shonen end with the good guys winning anyway tho :donovan

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
Yi Xing Long

:rock

Yi Xing Long's design was absolute garbage, a boring, over-designed mess of a form. Didn't even had the decency to look cool.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Mirai SSJ said:
Pocket - Gog~ said:
Captain Cadaver said:
Yi Xing Long

Yi Xing Long's design was absolute garbage, a boring, over-designed mess of a form. Didn't even had the decency to look cool.

What ?

Yi Xing Long's design was bad, along with Bebi Vegeta's, and Super 17. :donovan

Keedounan

Elite
Pocket - Gog~ said:
Mirai SSJ said:
Pocket - Gog~ said:

What ?

Yi Xing Long's design was bad, along with Bebi Vegeta's, and Super 17. :donovan

Yeah, in fact, you simply are GT-biased :king

No seriously, to each his own. But anyways, this thread is about saying what you think is good about GT.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Mirai SSJ said:
Yeah, in fact, you simply are GT-biased :king

No seriously, to each his own. But anyways, this thread is about saying what you think is good about GT.

I haven't watched it yet, so until then.

It exists. :hisoka

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Piccolo's death was also very well done in GT. One of the most emotional moments in all of Dragon Ball IMO.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
There were some really well animated episodes.

Jerk Store

High Class Warrior
Suspended
GT's animation definitely > Super's.... Why they felt the need to phone it in for a DB series is beyond me.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I didn't like that "dark animation" that was presented in GT though. That's so un-dragon ball-like and fits better in an anime like Hunter x Hunter, imo.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Fearless Super said:
NO Negativity Allowed!
Jerk Store said:
Bebi
Vegeta killing Nappa again.

That's literally it.
Pocket - Gog~ said:

Did you guys skip this part of the OP? I didn't think it was that hard to understand. :kenshi

I agree that the series had overall good animation. Only surpassed by some movies in my opinion. Also, one idea in particular I liked was Oob and Boo fusing.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.