DBGT Appreciation Thread

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Listen to the GOAT OP guys, or else you'll be
lrOsurF.jpg

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Oh, I think my comment about the "dark animation" was also a little off hand for this thread.

I also think Vegeta's character was very well done in GT. It seems closer to how Vegeta post Z should be imo, without the incessant "I'll surpass you, Kaakarotto!!!" bravado, which he kind of left behind after Boo's saga. Whilst a lot of people see Vegeta dancing around like an idiot to prevent Beerus from destroying the Earth and other un-old vegeta-like moments, I like how GT kept him more conservative regarding said moments and still trying to hide his emotions, as even though he changed, he's still a proud Saiyan warrior.

I like Mr. Boo's character in GT, and think that's the ideal portrayal of him and not just some "almost like an irrational animal" as Super makes him out to be. In the end of Z, he showed a mature behavior and a good understanding of the things, rather than being "Mr. Satan's pet". Unless he matured in those 10 years.

The opening and ending of GT are really good and very emptional imo. I constantly look for the opening to hear it while I'm doing other things, not to mention some themes played out in certain moments of GT.

Piccolo's portrayal seems also adequated imo, still being generally on his own and not joining the cast in meetings or so, only appearing when the situation calls for it.

Jerk Store

High Class Warrior
Suspended
Mikey™ said:
Fearless Super said:
NO Negativity Allowed!
Jerk Store said:
Bebi
Vegeta killing Nappa again.

That's literally it.
Pocket - Gog~ said:
Yi Xing Long's design was absolute garbage, a boring, over-designed mess of a form. Didn't even had the decency to look cool.

Did you guys skip this part of the OP? I didn't think it was that hard to understand. :kenshi

I agree that the series had overall good animation. Only surpassed by some movies in my opinion. Also, one idea in particular I liked was Oob and Boo fusing.

Que!?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Atem King of Nigs said:
99% of shonen end with the good guys winning anyway tho :donovan
Well yeah, but it at least bothered to have some level of repercussion and plot development rather than a constant Bleach tier reset of the status quo.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Pan not achieving the SSjin form was good unlike the kids achieving it with no built up and explanation as well.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Fearless Super said:
Pan not achieving the SSjin form was good unlike the kids achieving it with no built up and explanation as well.
Not really, considering her power without it ended up eclipsing any of the main cast other than Goku, Vegeta and Oob by the end of the series. Her high battle power and several rage boosts were enough to make her achieving Super Saiyan not only logical, but somewhat necessary in being consistent.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
Fearless Super said:
Not really, considering her power without it ended up eclipsing any of the main cast other than Goku, Vegeta and Oob by the end of the series. Her high battle power and several rage boosts were enough to make her achieving Super Saiyan not only logical, but somewhat necessary in being consistent.

At least she didn't achieve the SSjin form though, that's all matters. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Future Trunks struggled to achieve that form and Goten/Trunks achieve it with less struggle and out of nowhere.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
She had plenty of instances where it would be logical for her to achieve it though. For instance, her rage boost against Nutt or against Oozaru Baby, or even have her gain it after believing Goku was killed by Baby. That kind of hopeless situation would be far more akin to the transformations of Goku, Vegeta and Future Trunks.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
She could turn into SSjin with those drama and I'll be fine with that. But with her not achieving that form was better than her achieving it IMO.

SIAD

Elite
If we talk about the end of the Acro Dragones, the Status quo would be:

1.- Goku
2.- Vegeta
3.- Oob
4.- Pan
5.- Piccolo
6.- Gohan
7.- Trunks
8.- Goten
9.- Android # 18
10.- Krillin
11.- Tenshinhan

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
SIAD said:
If we talk about the end of the Acro Dragones, the Status quo would be:

1.- Goku
2.- Vegeta
3.- Oob
4.- Pan
5.- Piccolo
6.- Gohan
7.- Trunks
8.- Goten
9.- Android # 18
10.- Krillin
11.- Tenshinhan
No way Pan is stronger than Gohan, the fight with Rildo shows that too.

SIAD

Elite
But Pan in the Evil Dragons Arc becomes much stronger.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Fearless Super said:
Really? But that doesn't mean she's stronger than Gohan or even Goten and Trunks IMO.
Her feats prove this to be so, however.

During the Evil Dragon Arc, her Kamehameha was capable of damaging and pushing back Liu Xing Long, who wasn't much weaker to Base Goku. It's worth noting that at this point, Goku's SSJ form was stronger than SS2 Vegeta, who was stronger than Oob, thereby making S17 Arc SSJ Goku >> Baby Arc SS3 Goku. By comparison, Base Goku was trouncing both SSJ Gohan and Goten during the Baby Arc.

ED Arc Base Goku > Pan >>>> Baby Arc Base Goku >> SSJ Gohan

She was even capable of mocking Qi Xing Long's speed, who whilst slow for his tier, was still at a level of power where he could take hits from SS4 Goku and be complimented for such. Absorbing Pan even allowed him to stomp a SS4 Goku that, whilst heavily lacking Shouki and Yuuki, should logically not be trash to any of his lower forms.

Hell, given Base Goku's feats during the arc and relying on SS4 for even the slightest thing, it could even be argued that he was constantly bridging the gap between his Base and SS4 form during the arc's events, or in other words, absorbing more of his SSJ power into his base power with each fight, thereby making Base Goku, and by extension Pan, even stronger than the previous chain suggests.

Tldr; Pan >>>>> Gohan >> Trunks > Goten is pretty much a fact.

SIAD

Elite
Anyway I have Oob> Pan at the end of the Arch of Evil Dragons.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
But still, when Gohan and the others arrived in the battlefield, Oob and Gohan are seems to be the stronger and Pan was treated nothing.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Fearless Super said:
But still, when Gohan and the others arrived in the battlefield, Oob and Gohan are seems to be the stronger and Pan was treated nothing.
Compared to actual feats and statements, that's shaky evidence at best. It could also be easily explained by Pan still not being at full strength after having been KO'd before.

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
The Baby Arc was a positive edition. Whilst the other arcs were low effort copy-pastes of previous plot lines, this arc bothered to expand on the Tsufurian lore and have a far more engaging and well paced plot than the Hatchiyack OVA it was based on, with Baby being one of the few villains who's actions were somewhat justified (at least up until the mass mind control).

:sure2

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.