Do you think piccolo finishing off dr-gero would have been a good way to end the androids saga?

Miss Scarlet

Low Class Warrior
In this case, 17 & 18 will never be activated in the main timeline and once trunks return from his future, he would've go with vegeta, piccolo, tenshinhan and krillin to the future to fight future 17 & 18. However, it would also be a way on which toriyama introduced weak androids so the z fighters could get rid of them and then fight the main threat. What do you think of this idea? I would personally like vegeta finishing 19 and piccolo finishing gero.

Warmmedown

Elite
It would've been good to give Piccolo a fight and win, but he got to show he's on that level anyway with how he handled Gero. Letting 17/18 kill Gero showcased how out of control the main androids were, being willing to disobey and kill their creator.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
They knew nothing about him and cell after realizing that 17 and 18 are not present would be in search of another timeline.
Wasn't Cell's time machine destroyed from the inside? If 17 and 18 weren't around, I'd think the first thing he'd do would be to interrogate one of the weaker Z senshi or ambush Trunks again for information and then find them in Gero's lab. Even if he were to steal Trunks' time machine he'd still have the dilemma of needing to regress to his egg form, so I think that would be his last resort.

Miss Scarlet

Low Class Warrior
Wasn't Cell's time machine destroyed from the inside? If 17 and 18 weren't around, I'd think the first thing he'd do would be to interrogate one of the weaker Z senshi or ambush Trunks again for information and then find them in Gero's lab. Even if he were to steal Trunks' time machine he'd still have the dilemma of needing to regress to his egg form, so I think that would be his last resort.
Yes, it was, he made a hole through it so he can enter. In cell's timeline he somehow knew that the androids were defeated by trunks in one way, that's why he went to kill trunks so he can get the time machine. However, if that was the case, it'd be problematic for everyone on the main timeline as goku was still recovering from virus and gohan and yamcha are simply weak enough to be a match for any android.

Miss Scarlet

Low Class Warrior
Another solution would be if they before going to the future searched gero's lab and everyone other than vegeta destroyed it as vegeta was not particularly interested on those plans.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I don't get it. You say "finishing the android saga" but then the gang would go the future help Trunks? And why wouldn't Vegeta want to activate present twins after this?

Miss Scarlet

Low Class Warrior
I don't get it. You say "finishing the android saga" but then the gang would go the future help Trunks? And why wouldn't Vegeta want to activate present twins after this?
Finishing in the sense of no being other androids left in the present timeline. Even if vegeta want to activate them, nobody would follow him on that.

No. As many problems as the Artificial Human Arc has, objectively speaking, I do ultimately like how it turned out. It's honestly my go to example of a story that is better in spite of its objective inconsistencies because things were more engaging because of those retcons. That said, I want to clarify the Artificial Human arc could have been written the way it was without those inconsistencies if it was planned out, so don't take it as a simple write off on my part. Those are problems I wish weren't there, but they're not ruinous, which I think is an important clarification since a lot of people tend treat all writing problems the same.

In regards to your idea of wanting the Z-fighters to go to Trunks's future to avoid a number of those inconsistencies, it could potentially work, as Cell could have just showed up without having to travel back in time, but I feel you lose the shock of there being a second time machine, which I think would be unfortunate. It would also create problems for the idea of time machine fuel cuz there would most certainly have to be a bit of back and forth.

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
Not a good ending as that's too anticlimactic, but it was stupid how Piccolo chose to toy around with Gero, which led to his escape. The scene where Bulma's stupid ass flew in with her baby in the hovercar was major cringe, too.

Should have just had Gero go straight to his lab after Vegeta killed Nineteen. Then, Yamcha mentions that Bulma told him where Gero's lab was some time ago (a few scientists like Dr. Briefs knew and during the time-skip, he told Bulma, who told Yamcha) and they go there.