Dragon Ball GT Appreciation thread

Future Warrior

Elite
Since it's GT's 20th anniversary today, why not make a thread discussing the good aspects of the show?

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Future Warrior said:
Since it's GT's 20th anniversary today, why not make a thread discussing the good aspects of the show?
Fearless already made one.

http://www.dbzeta.net/viewtopic.php?t=9818

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
SSJ4 was cool aesthetic wise. The Baby arc also had some decent moments, but overall I'm finding it had to think of many positives.

Classic Adamas

Zeta Elite
Global Moderator
Far more entertaining than the new stuff, and for that it has my appreciation.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Mystic said:
Far more entertaining than the new stuff, and for that it has my appreciation.
Pretty much this.

GT was a sequel and therefore offered some potential in the direction characters could be taken with some semblance of stakes. Super takes place in between two points in a manner where we know where each of the main cast will be by the end and that none of them would die permanently.

GT actually had some decent ideas with poor execution such as the concepts of Kid Goku not being able to solo in the early episodes with SS3, Baby, SS4 and the Evil Dragons. Super has bad ideas with bad execution such as prophecy in a series where multiple timelines are a thing, plot breaking time paradoxes that contradict the previous (already flawed) time travel rules and rules getting destroyed constantly because "hurr durr it's kewl".

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Well, the prophecy part can be handwaved to some degree since the oracle fish had no idea what a SSJG was and it could be explained that the part about Beerus dreaming of the SSJG took place after the timeline split, although that's probably not what AT or Watanabe had in mind when writing the new :trash

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I agree it could've been excused, that is, until the manga got in your face about it with the Oracle Fish suddenly being insistent on it's validity.

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
Spiral-Force said:
Future Warrior said:
Fearless already made one.

http://www.dbzeta.net/viewtopic.php?t=9818

Negativity is allowed in this thread though. :what

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Captain Cadaver said:
I agree it could've been excused, that is, until the manga got in your face about it with the Oracle Fish suddenly being insistent on it's validity.

:troll probably didn't write that since it isnt in the animu, but yeah it seems Super's writing staff never gave that much thought.

To be fair though, it is kind of nitpicky to retroactively apply a scene intended to foreshadow UI to a 4 year old movie and call it shit.

Although other than that I agree, if not for most anime these days being school trash I'd drop Super in a heartbeat.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.