Gog watches the movies

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
26PH3AzAfwONaqcMPRfGQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
I really don't get how people watch base Gohan duke it out with SSJ Broly and come to the conclusion that the 50x multiplier exists.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Wow so this movie actually confirmed Cell saga tier fighters can't survive contact with magma, without a shield. :ladd

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
How hard was it for Gohan to just arrive in SSJ1 form and then power up to SSJ2 with the lightning correctly depicted in his aura? Why Toei chose to have him dick around in base for a good 5 minutes against someone in their SSJ form is something I still don't understand. At least in prior movies they had reason to do this since no one had access to SSJ2.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
How hard was it for Gohan to just arrive in SSJ1 form and then power up to SSJ2 with the lightning correctly depicted in his aura? Why Toei chose to have him dick around in base for a good 5 minutes against someone in their SSJ form is something I still don't understand. At least in prior movies they had reason to do this since no one had access to SSJ2.
Toei doesn't give a shit about SSJ2, personally I can see why. Visually it's almost identical to SSJ, there's no reason to visually depict it. For a story stand point SSJ achieves the same feeling.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Toei doesn't give a shit about SSJ2, personally I can see why. Visually it's almost identical to SSJ, there's no reason to visually depict it. For a story stand point SSJ achieves the same feeling.
Toei actually used SSJ2 Galu MORE than the manga did for the Boo arc. I dunno why they barely differentiate it in the post-Bojack movies, even though the lightning in the aura is a clear visual indicator of a power up.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Toei actually used SSJ2 Galu MORE than the manga did for the Boo arc. I dunno why they barely differentiate it in the post-Bojack movies, even though the lightning in the aura is a clear visual indicator of a power up.
Different writers, but I've definitely seen a trend where SSJ2 is left out to dry. I also disagree with the lightning statement, because lightning is used as a sign of visual power up for characters in general. SSJ2 is simply not visually distinct enough from SSJ, to the point where Toriyama flat out forgot it even existed.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Different writers, but I've definitely seen a trend where SSJ2 is left out to dry. I also disagree with the lightning statement, because lightning is used as a sign of visual power up for characters in general. SSJ2 is simply not visually distinct enough from SSJ, to the point where Toriyama flat out forgot it even existed.
It's even weirder when you see Galu throwing out his SSJ2 form almost as much as Blue in Super (which started with AT writing both him and Future Trunks as SSJ2's in their sparring match). And lightning manga-wise is used very sparingly in the Cell arc and onward, to the point that outside of the three SSJ2 users in the Boo arc, it's only been used to demonstrate the power of SPC, Majin Vegeta (for a panel when he was yelling about something), and Super Vegetto. Gohan getting his shit kicked in by SSJ Broly only to turn the tables with SSJ2 and force LSSJ out of him would've made a far better and less contradictory scene, and considering Toei later even differentiated SSJ1 Gohan from SSJ2 Gohan by giving him less spiky hair and two bangs over his head, I'm not sure why they made the weird decision to have him hold out SSJ and then go SSJ2 with no lightning. The budget argument doesn't stand either when the movies have far higher budget than the average episode and less-than-stellarly animated episodes like some of the SSJ2 Gohan vs. Cell and Galu vs. Majin Vegeta episodes had no problem depicting the lightning.

AT forgot a lot of shit like Bulma and #18's hair colors, and thought that Bulma met Freeza on Namek when that was the exact reason why she even came to greet Mecha Freeza, since she'd never seen him. Current AT literally takes writing tips from Tracetaro, one of the least talented published mangaka I've seen in my life. He remembers less about the series than the staff at Toei. I really don't think AT would ever think to utilize Barry Khan, plus the Moro arc's concept was thought up to a great extent by Trashtaro :cena

Last edited:

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
It's even weirder when you see Galu throwing out his SSJ2 form almost as much as Blue in Super (which started with AT writing both him and Future Trunks as SSJ2's in their sparring match).
Maybe 20+ years later people fanboy hard over every aspect of old Z and use it religiously? :kenshi
And lightning manga-wise is used very sparingly in the Cell arc and onward, to the point that outside of the three SSJ2 users in the Boo arc, it's only been used to demonstrate the power of SPC, Majin Vegeta (for a panel when he was yelling about something), and Super Vegetto. Gohan getting his shit kicked in by SSJ Broly only to turn the tables with SSJ2 and force LSSJ out of him would've made a far better and less contradictory scene, and considering Toei later even differentiated SSJ1 Gohan from SSJ2 Gohan by giving him less spiky hair and two bangs over his head, I'm not sure why they made the weird decision to have him hold out SSJ and then go SSJ2 with no lightning. The budget argument doesn't stand either when the movies have far higher budget than the average episode and less-than-stellarly animated episodes like some of the SSJ2 Gohan vs. Cell and Galu vs. Majin Vegeta episodes had no problem depicting the lightning.
I'd throw in Gohan fighting Dabura too, even if he wasn't I've seen too many arguments on whether he was or wasn't to count. The lightning being a clear indicator for SSJ2 doesn't really work, as you demonstrated its not only inconsistent but used a visual indicator of a power up in general. I simply argue that its a lack of interest in SSJ2, too minor of a design difference for them to actually care to use it consistently.
AT forgot a lot of shit like Bulma and #18's hair colors, and thought that Bulma met Freeza on Namek when that was the exact reason why she even came to greet Mecha Freeza, since she'd never seen him. Current AT literally takes writing tips from Tracetaro, one of the least talented published mangaka I've seen in my life. He remembers less about the series than the staff at Toei. I really don't think AT would ever think to utilize Barry Khan, plus the Moro arc's concept was thought up to a great extent by Trashtaro :cena
The hair colors I can see, because AT never actually had a consistent color scheme for any of his characters. But I still stand by that Toriyama forgetting about SSJ2 (despite the massive moment it got with Cell Saga Gohan) is indictive of the fact that the form is under designed and doesn't stand out. Even SSJB, the literal recolor, is at least a different color and can be distinguished.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.