How strong is Goten in GT?

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Without Baby's possession, I consider his Super Saiyan form to be around SS2 Gotenks, with his base form scaling to around 2x SS Gotenks due to the 2.5x multiplier.

Besides the BoGT to Baby arc hax, I don't think Goten got any stronger later on in GT, and I don't think that he kept his Baby power-up, so SS2 Gotenks level remains his max for the rest of GT.

Here is how I scaled him:
SS Gotenks: 5
SS2 Gotenks: 25
SS3 Gotenks: 100
Ultimate Gohan/Base Gohan: 120
SS Goten (Baby): 100
Base Goten (Baby): 40
Baby: 30
SS Goten: 25
Base Goten: 10

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Pre-Baby possession, probably around Pure Boo/SS3 Boo Arc Goku level in base and in the middle between Base and SSJ post-Rosat Gotenks as a SSJ. Goten Baby would be significantly higher, though I'd still place his SSJ form below SS2 Gotenks (post). He only really needs to be strong enough that his attempted self destruction is a threat to Gohan, since other than that, he was of no threat to a very distracted Gohan. Scaling from Majin Vegeta's Final Explosion, the gap between them could easily be up to 3-4x, though likely no bigger.

supercat

Low Class Warrior
SSJ Goten (Baby) should be somewhere between a few tiers higher than Super Buu to a notch or two below Ultimate Gohan. His attacks were actually able to inflict some damage on Base Gohan, who was likely stronger than his Buu arc incarnation.

Prior to his encounter with Baby, I'd say SSJ Goten could be anywhere between SSJ2 Gotenks and Super Buu.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Gohan wasn't entirely focused on the battle though, not wanting to hurt his brother. That may very well have caused a drop in Shouki and Yuuki, much like SS4 Goku VS Qi Xing Long after he absorbed Pan. Furthermore, SSJ Goten Baby was unable to inflict any damage on Pan when she wasn't even fighting back, whereas Gohan was manhandling her, showing there's a massive gap between the two, enough that I doubt Gohan's possession by Baby would've been enough of a power up to warrant such. The only attack that inflicted a hefty amount of damage on Gohan was his attempted self destruction, and such techniques tend to amplify the user's power several times over.

ChulpaBatman

Low Class Warrior
SSJ Goten gave Base Gohan trouble with the baby boost. The Baby Boost seemed to be quite larger for Goten and Gohan. It took SSJ Gohan and placed him in rivaling range of SSJ Vegeta.

So I have,

Base Gohan~Ultimate Gohan>SSJ Goten(Baby>SSJ Goten

Which means SSJ Goten should be around Super Boo levels. Gohan seemed to be holding back on Goten. He didnt want to kill him and only turned SSJ when he was in real danger.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
It depends on how big of a boost you think Baby gave him. I'd say SSJ Goten (GT) is at least comfortably above SSJ3 Goku (Buu Saga).

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.