Is Cooler higher than a Super-Saiyan?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Galu got a zenkai I think, or they retroactively made him Yardrat level.

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
Goku got a zenkai. Cooler must be stronger than 100% Frieza in his base form to even bother trying to hunt Goku down.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Well, he's higher than SSJ Kid Future Trunks :troll

But seriously, he's stronger than Freeza, who's almost even with one Super Saiyan.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Coola can beat M8 QLSSJ Broly.

Super Neko Majin Z

Mid Class Warrior
Until recently I'd say he was around Future Trunks, but I just watched MistareFusion's video on Cooler's Revenge and he pointed out that the Cooler movie was written well before Yardrat and everyone looks like their Frieza Arc selves. If that's true, it would make him a good bit weaker than Frieza even with the fifth form.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Super Neko Majin Z said:
Until recently I'd say he was around Future Trunks, but I just watched MistareFusion's video on Cooler's Revenge and he pointed out that the Cooler movie was written well before Yardrat and everyone looks like their Frieza Arc selves. If that's true, it would make him a good bit weaker than Frieza even with the fifth form.
I don't think that would mean much in terms of affecting the power of characters such as SSJ Galu and 5th form Coola to the extent the latter ends up below 100% Freeza. Unless we're to assume Goku decided to kill Freeza before he went 100%, there's no reason to assume Goku was talking about anything less than his 100% when saying Coola > Freeza, especially given Goku's fight against 100% Freeza was already well underway during the time the movie came out. There's also Movie 6 supporting it being post-Yardrat, but considering how M5 Goku doesn't seem to have Shunkan Ido, that movie is likely one with an altered version of Movie 5 in it's timeline.
Most likely option for the timeline is Goku deflected Freeza's attack before it hit the core, killed Freeza after he used 100% and left peacefully with his friends.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Idea of Gaslight said:
Galu got a zenkai I think, or they retroactively made him Yardrat level.
Even if he was post-Yardrat level though, that'd at best make Cooler maybe on-par with Mecha-Freeza.

KyuubiAhri

High Class Warrior
Theallpowerfulpuipui said:
Goku got a zenkai. Cooler must be stronger than 100% Frieza in his base form to even bother trying to hunt Goku down.

Isn't it implied that only fifth form is stronger than 100% frieza

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
KyuubiAhri said:

It kind-of is, but you could also argue that Cooler didn't go all-out against Goku in his 4th Form but that doesn't really make sense either.

KyuubiAhri

High Class Warrior
Fantastische Hure said:
KyuubiAhri said:

It kind-of is, but you could also argue that Cooler didn't go all-out against Goku in his 4th Form but that doesn't really make sense either.

but didnt goku say that cooler is stronger than frieza during his transofrmation into 5th form? That means that he had to goo to full power before transforming

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
KyuubiAhri said:
Fantastische Hure said:
KyuubiAhri said:

but didnt goku say that cooler is stronger than frieza during his transofrmation into 5th form? That means that he had to goo to full power before transforming
He did but you know :toei :toei :toei

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
I think he is (Higher than Namek SSJ Goku at least). I look at Goku in M5 in one of two ways.

1. Initially he's as strong as he was on Namek, but the Zenkai brought him to Yardrat level

2. He was Yardrat level to begin with, but the Zenkai brought him even higher.

Either way I'd put Cooler above Namek SSJ Goku.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.