M10 Broly vs Gohan

Pocket-God

Elite
I keep seeing people say that Broly wasn't far above Gohan and struggled with him.
As far as I can remember the only thing relevant Gohan did was break out of Broly's submission hold(?)
Everything else he threw at Broly the latter tanked with a grin meanwhile Broly wrecked Gohan in like 8 hits give or take a few.

Is there something I'm missing?

Pocket-God

Elite
giphy.gif

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Gohan was completely outmatched against Broly as SSjin/2 than he did as Base form. Remember, Toei tends to make the fight lookks good despite the gap is huge.

Keedounan

Elite
While M10 Broly certainly defeated Gohan without much effort, the latter wasn't totally helpless and could inflict some goods blows. Two to be precise. That's what a troper (me) would call a Curbstomp Cushion.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Venato said:
While M10 Broly certainly defeated Gohan without much effort, the latter wasn't totally helpless and could inflict some goods blows. Two to be precise. That's what a troper (me) would call a Curbstomp Cushion.
So how strong is Broly compared to SSjin2 Goku [Boo Arc]?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
SSJ2 Boo arc Goku woud crush Gohan the way Gohan crushed Cell 7 years ago, so Burori is weaker imo if M10 Gohan is the same one we see in canon.

Keedounan

Elite
Fearless Hit said:
Venato said:
So how strong is Broly compared to SSjin2 Goku [Boo Arc]?

I think he is weaker. Kid Gohan and arguably Vegeta (Pre-Majin) could replicate a similar feat.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
It took SSJ2 Goku, SSJ2 Gohan and SSJ Goten just to hold of Broly's blast. Broly is wayyy ahead of just Gohan, and Gohan is > his Cell Games self.

Pocket-God

Elite
Got another question-

If Piccolo had shown up instead of Krillin, and Broly still one-shot him how would that effect how strong you have M10 Gohan and Broly?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Pocket-God said:
Got another question-

If Piccolo had shown up instead of Krillin, and Broly still one-shot him how would that effect how strong you have M10 Gohan and Broly?
Nothing? WHat effect does Piccolo would make?

Keedounan

Elite
Supreme said:
It took SSJ2 Goku, SSJ2 Gohan and SSJ Goten just to hold of Broly's blast. Broly is wayyy ahead of just Gohan, and Gohan is > his Cell Games self.

Nope. Goku and Gohan were SSJ when they were holding off his blast. Then, they turned into SSJ2 and easily overpowered his blast.

And Gohan is weaker than his Cell Games self. He was just referring to his M8 incarnation (the last time he fought Broly), in which he was so weak that Goku told him to run away (or rather fly away) and wasn't able to turn SSJ2.

M10's release: March 12, 1994
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/chp-461/

Gohan has been revealed to be weaker way before this chapter, and it also has been revealed that he has neglected his training even earlier, so Toei Animation must have good idea on how powerful Gohan is.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.