M10 Broly vs Gohan

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
When did Goku ever turn SS2 in the movie? I'm pretty sure Gohan was merely a Super Saiyan for the beam struggle as well.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Goku's a Super Saiyan 2 in the final burst of the beam struggle IMO.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Venato said:
Supreme said:
It took SSJ2 Goku, SSJ2 Gohan and SSJ Goten just to hold of Broly's blast. Broly is wayyy ahead of just Gohan, and Gohan is > his Cell Games self.

Nope. Goku and Gohan were SSJ when they were holding off his blast. Then, they turned into SSJ2 and easily overpowered his blast.

And Gohan is weaker than his Cell Games self. He was just referring to his M8 incarnation (the last time he fought Broly), in which he was so weak that Goku told him to run away (or rather fly away) and wasn't able to turn SSJ2.

M10's release: March 12, 1994
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/chp-461/

Gohan has been revealed to be weaker way before this chapter, and it also has been revealed that he has neglected his training even earlier, so Toei Animation must have good idea on how powerful Gohan is.
Then we disagree on our interpretations. Simple as that.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
People seem to over-think the movie sometimes, in my opinion. Toei let Gohan out of Broly's submission-hold because he had to or else Gohan couldn't have followed-through with his lava-strategy to defeat Broly. It's like arguing Broly is lower than Cell, because Broly only lasted 45 minutes and Cell had a million episodes. Gohan's punch getting tanked straight seems to imply a big gap and the Daizenshuu says Movie 10 Broly > Goku so that's what it is in my opinion.

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
I don't think Broly was that much stronger than Gohan, I mean yeah he tanked the initial punch but didn't tank 2 kicks. The first of which made Broly let go of Gohan after he had his head smashed into the ground by Broly. At best I put Gohan around as strong as he was during the Buu Arc. or inbetween that and where he was at the start of the Buu Arc.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Supreme said:
It took SSJ2 Goku, SSJ2 Gohan and SSJ Goten just to hold of Broly's blast. Broly is wayyy ahead of just Gohan, and Gohan is > his Cell Games self.
Even if Goku was SSjin 2 ( he was not) it was in the last scene and Broli got vaporized

Broli just held off 3 SSjins blasts which is not impressive

Gohan in movie 10 is the same one as he was in the Boo arc

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.