My theory; FP 2nd Form Freeza > Giant Slug ~ Weighted Piccolo(Post) > Initial 2nd Form Freeza

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Fantastische Hure said:
Fearless Super said:
Slug was said to be stronger than Freeza then which version of Freeza was that?
Probably not 100% Freeza.

Definitely not, but I've always thought it was Base Freeza. Here's the date of the movie anyway.
DBZ Movie 4: Super Saiyan Son Goku (Lord Slug)
Release Date: March 19, 1991
Manga Release (4 months back): "A Warrior’s Revival" (Nov 19, 1990)
Manga Release (6 months back): "The Last Wish" (Oct 15, 1990)
Latest Manga Chapter Release: "The Last Chance! An Extra-Large Genki-Dama" (Mar 18, 1991)
Between Episodes: #82 ("Sally Forth, Goku!! A Furious Freeza’s 2nd Transformation") - #83 ("Fear Me!! Freeza Does Battle With a 3rd Transformation")
I'm confused on which version does the movie follows, the manga or anime?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Fearless Super said:
Fantastische Hure said:
Fearless Super said:
Slug was said to be stronger than Freeza then which version of Freeza was that?
Probably not 100% Freeza.

Definitely not, but I've always thought it was Base Freeza. Here's the date of the movie anyway.
DBZ Movie 4: Super Saiyan Son Goku (Lord Slug)
Release Date: March 19, 1991
Manga Release (4 months back): "A Warrior’s Revival" (Nov 19, 1990)
Manga Release (6 months back): "The Last Wish" (Oct 15, 1990)
Latest Manga Chapter Release: "The Last Chance! An Extra-Large Genki-Dama" (Mar 18, 1991)
Between Episodes: #82 ("Sally Forth, Goku!! A Furious Freeza’s 2nd Transformation") - #83 ("Fear Me!! Freeza Does Battle With a 3rd Transformation")
I'm confused on which version does the movie follows, the manga or anime?
On Kanzenshuu it says March 9th, so that'd be just before Piccolo showed his full-power and 3rd Form Freeza appeared.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Then SSJ2 should update that list then, so stronger than 3rd form Freeza? Also they follow the anime version?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Fearless Super said:
Then SSJ2 should update that list then, so stronger than 3rd form Freeza? Also they follow the anime version?
If you ask Pakl, yeah. I don't know though. It'd be weird for Lord Slug to even be Initial True Form Freeza level considering it seemed to feature Goku (pre-Zenkai).

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Fearless Super said:

It follows the Anime because its non canon

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Still more supported than just random fan theories, not to mention lining up well enough to make sense. If you believe False SSJ measures up to even half of the SSJ multiplier, Giant Slug is still around such a level, so you'd need something far greater than that for a weakened Goku with some Ki from a weakened Piccolo to end up penetrating Slug with an unspecified level of Kaioken.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
Still more supported than just random fan theories, not to mention lining up well enough to make sense. If you believe False SSJ measures up to even half of the SSJ multiplier, Giant Slug is still around such a level, so you'd need something far greater than that for a weakened Goku with some Ki from a weakened Piccolo to end up penetrating Slug with an unspecified level of Kaioken.

Yo! Do you think the movies follow the anime or the manga?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
In terms of lining up with current events? Manga, most likely, given my first post in this thread regarding Movie 5.

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
Btw, Slug was definitely referred to as a Super Namekian by Kaio in the Japanese version.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
*When Lord Slug first appears in front of Goku and Krillin*

Goku: "This Ki of his, it's distinctively different from that of anyone else I've felt before."

So that means Slug is diferent than any form of Freeza except the final form?

And here's more

*After Slug transforms*

Kaio-Sama: Unless I miss my guess, not even Freeza or perhaps even a Super Saiyan can stand up to him"

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Fearless Super said:

Goku: "This Ki of his, it's distinctively different from that of anyone else I've felt before."

Not necessary, considering the Freeza Arc likely didn't happen in this timeline, though it would still be so via scaling if assuming M4 Goku = Namek Goku, or that M3 took place in this timeline.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
Fearless Super said:

Not necessary, considering the Freeza Arc likely didn't happen in this timeline, though it would still be so via scaling if assuming M4 Goku = Namek Goku, or that M3 took place in this timeline.

But King Kai mentioned Freeza in the movie though.
*After Slug transforms*

Kaio-Sama: Unless I miss my guess, not even Freeza or perhaps even a Super Saiyan can stand up to him"

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
It's unlikely Kaio knew Freeza's full power. Freeza never trained and nobody other than his father had seen in true form according to himself. Kaio wouldn't be aware of his full power unless he was focusing on the area Freeza was in specifically.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
So are you saying that Freeza arc didn't happen at all? Then you're gonna have to explain Goku's strength since everything came from that arc itself.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Fearless Super said:
So are you saying that Freeza arc didn't happen at all? Then you're gonna have to explain Goku's strength since everything came from that arc itself.
If assuming it took place in the same timeline as Movies 2 and/or 3, that gives Goku 2-3 years at least to train after the Saiyan Arc. Even if not, there was at least 1 year for him to train, which is plenty of time to make an increase as great as 6 days of Gravity training if the plot demands it.

Tapion

High Class Warrior
Why should we assume the Freeza Arc didn't happen in M4's timeline? It's widely known that the movies draw their content from the anime, and when the movie was being produced the anime was at the battle against Freeza. Also, there was a consistent pattern of doing 3 movies for each saga of the anime at the time:

M1 = Saiyan Saga
M2 = Saiyan Saga
M3 = Saiyan Saga

M4 = Freeza Saga
M5 = Freeza Saga
M6 = Freeza Saga

M7 = Cell Saga
M8 = Cell Saga
M9 = Cell Saga

M10 = Boo Saga
M11 = Boo Saga
M12 = Boo Saga

If M4 is actually Post-Saiyan Arc, that would mean the Freeza Saga only got 2 movies. Kinda low for such an important saga.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.