Official 20th DragonBall Movie thread

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Fantastische Hure said:
Fearless Instinct said:
Fantastische Hure said:
Watching DragonBall Super and then reading your comments about it is worth the pain we have to go through every episode. :punk :punk :punk

Nice try on turning the subject from Super into me. After all, how can you watch something that you hate but keeps watching it anyway? I gave my reasons but none of you tried though.
You are idiotic. Stuff like this people can watch, but still keep watching not because they love it but because they grew-up with the series, so it's harder to get away from it even when it's terrible.

Either-way DragonBall Super is :trash :trash :trash and so are you.
Then consider yourselves as problems not Super. Super is aim at kids and you know that very well therefore whatever retcons or inconsistencies they do won't bother the kids at all then its fine. I don't have a problem with people that watch Super whether they like it or not and I tried to stay away from that topic but it seems you guys love to bait me to that topic again and this thread just proved it.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Fearless Instinct said:
Fantastische Hure said:
Fearless Instinct said:
Nice try on turning the subject from Super into me. After all, how can you watch something that you hate but keeps watching it anyway? I gave my reasons but none of you tried though.
You are idiotic. Stuff like this people can watch, but still keep watching not because they love it but because they grew-up with the series, so it's harder to get away from it even when it's terrible.

Either-way DragonBall Super is :trash :trash :trash and so are you.
Then consider yourselves as problems not Super. Super is aim at kids and you know that very well therefore whatever retcons or inconsistencies they do won't bother the kids at all then its fine. I don't have a problem with people that watch Super whether they like it or not and I tried to stay away from that topic but it seems you guys love to bait me to that topic again and this thread just proved it.
Says the Super > GT, gai. What an idiot.

DragonBall (and a lot of other old series) was also for children but wasn't bad, so your argument is stupid.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Indeed. Saying "It's for kids" is a lazy excuse for a lack of self-consistency. Avatar: The Last Airbender is a show primarily for kids, yet has solid consistency with it's plot and characters for the most part (not counting The SJW Legend of Korra), at least moreso than most of Dragon Ball. Star Wars is mainly aimed at kids according to George Lucas himself, yet the original trilogy, whilst having a few plot holes, still held up as stories and had greater character consistency/development than any arc of Super.

Point is, riding something off as "It's for kids" is at best to defend average or unambitious plot decisions, not outright awful writing. It's also more accurate to label Super as family oriented, meaning that whilst kids are the target audience, they still have things to make older viewers watch. I highly doubt the scenes of Roshi acting like a complete rapist or his ToP opponent's sexy body were aimed at kids. Therefore, even if you're less harsh on a show for kids, Super doesn't make the cut for that.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Final season of ATLA is too shit for me to call it a good show tho.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Haven't finished Season 2 yet, so I can't say entirely yet, but I can't see Season 3 being anywhere near as bad as any of Super's arcs.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Season 3's about as bad as the Pain arc if it was limited to one revival.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I like the FNF movie. Suck it. :CC

Anyway, I'd rather TOEI push out the movies as opposed to these long arcs of Super that can feel like an enternity of waterboarding torture. At least the movies are over in 90 mins or less, as opposed to taking weeks and weeks to finish out an arc. Plus the animation is usually superior. Bottom line is I'll take a movie over more Super any day of the week. This at least sounds like an original story as opposed to milking old villains and existing characters.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I don't disagree with you there man. I think I prefer movie form too.

And nobody cares if a respectable guy like yourself likes it. You don't go around being a little bitch like fearless faggot does. :ladd

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I also readily admit it's not very good. I like it anyway.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Southern Gothic said:
I like the FNF movie. Suck it. :CC

Anyway, I'd rather TOEI push out the movies as opposed to these long arcs of Super that can feel like an enternity of waterboarding torture. At least the movies are over in 90 mins or less, as opposed to taking weeks and weeks to finish out an arc. Plus the animation is usually superior. Bottom line is I'll take a movie over more Super any day of the week. This at least sounds like an original story as opposed to milking old villains and existing characters.

Sounds like uve been subjected to the ToP arc :donovan

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Southern Gothic said:
I also readily admit it's not very good. I like it anyway.

Yea that's cool. I feel the same way about the manga Gantz.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.