Pakl asking Takao Koyama

Warmmedown

Elite
A lot of Japanese celebrities (musicians, bands, actors) and maybe even Korean ones don't seem to have their own Facebook page and when they do their number of followers is pitiful compared to their actual popularity, so I'm pretty surprised he's actually on there too. Supposedly, in Germany, Vietnam and the Philippines 40-50% have Facebook, and in the UK, Canada, USA, Malaysia and Singapore around 65+%, whereas in Japan it's only about 17% (and in ROK about 27-28%).

Someone needs to find Markus Johnson from Fresno and connect him to this Koyama guy

263a774ea19c857fe922bf6e40201ff11199ce57_hq.jpg

Wogman

Low Class Warrior
LOL the manga says Broly was Goku strongest enemy

Cell wasn't

plain and simple, Broly M8 > Cell

Nice knowing you pakl, you failed again

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
I find is amusing that you have to contact the writer's fb account to confirm your 'theory' lol. Sounds like an obsessed fanboy, oh wait!! :pakl

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Fearless In Quarantine said:
I find is amusing that you have to contact the writer's fb account to confirm your 'theory' lol. Sounds like an obsessed fanboy, oh wait!! :pakl
Not to mention that, on top of that, it did the exact opposite of confirming his theory :punk.

Future Warrior

Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
Not to mention that, on top of that, it did the exact opposite of confirming his theory :punk.

Next thing you know someone will send their battle power lists to some animation supervisor :ha

Keedounan

Elite
A bit more seriously, [mention]Pakl[/mention]. It was a pretty pointless question to begin with. Takao Koyama considering Broly as the strongest there is in DBZ is pretty much old news at this point. To quote him:

Because he’s the strongest. (laughs) Even including the TV anime, nobody exists in the world who’s stronger than Broli. I mean, even Vegeta, Prince of the Saiyans, was trembling in fear. (laughs) I felt that there’s no way that kind of mightiest being would die in a single outing. After all, there were kids who cried at Broli’s overwhelming strength when they saw Burn Up!! at Shueisha’s preview screening. (laughs) It’s always difficult coming up with an enemy for Goku, because I’d constantly have to escalate their strength. So, he ended up appearing three times.
This is true of Broli as well, but Goku & co. are always fighting against “an unbeatable foe”. Goku must win against such an enemy, so he has no choice but to defeat him when his enemy becomes overconfident and creates an opening. There’s absolutely no way he’d be able to win against someone like Broli if he used more orthodox methods. (laughs)

It was even more obvious by the way he reacted to Broly being a pushover compared to Beerus (by the way, I'm sure he's happy now that Broly is supposedly stronger than Beerus as of the latest movie). We've simply decided to ignore it because that was blatant author bias, given his feats don't quite match what he said about him.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Yeah, not sure why someone blatantly aware of Koyama's bias for a long time beforehand would even bother, especially compared to more meaningful Broly questions such as what Koyama thought about the execution of his driving motivation in Movie 8, which is definitely the most talked about aspect of Broly's character.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Ask him about why does Broly's hair turn into green.

But besides that, I don't know what else to ask lol. I've literally no questions regarding the movies that I'd like to be answered. Only if it were Toriyama with his facebook account available for questions...

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
How about that why was Gohan weaker than the rest of the Z fighters when he was the strongest among them during Cell Games? I wouldn't be surprised if Koyama thinks that Goku was stronger than Gohan during the Cell Games.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
It'd be also interested to get an answer on whether Gohan was a SSJ1 or 2 in his fight against Broly in movie 10. That may give some slight insight on the tiring debate of the manga.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
ahill1 said:
That may give some slight insight on the tiring debate of the manga.
Doubtful, considering the anime makes it pretty clear Gohan was a SS2 in that continuity (him and the narrator saying he's going all out), so the perspective of something in an anime movie would help the manga debate no more than discussing the anime version of Gohan VS Dabura.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Well, he might have been going all out within his current capabilities.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Considering such phrases as "his power wide open" and "going full-throttle" were used not long after his SS2 appearance as well as Shin referencing it prior to the Yakon fight, it's doubtful it was in reference to his full SSJ capabilities.

Future Warrior

Elite
I mean, you could just make a facebook account and ask him. I have one (dont post on it or use it for social media purposes though), so perhaps I may ask him a question or two.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:

How? That was obvious. He is not telling the truth but just shows his bias. He even said Broli was stronger than Hirudegarn. Lmao.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Pakl said:
How? That was obvious. He is not telling the truth but just shows his bias. He even said Broli was stronger than Hirudegarn. Lmao.
He blatantly said he has no benchmark to compare the two, thus doing absolutely nothing to compare him to MSSJ Goku or whatever benchmark you wish to use. His only comment on it was that Broly was Goku's strongest enemy which, whilst obviously biased, does the opposite of proving Perfect Cell as his superior.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Future Warrior said:
Captain Cadaver said:

Next thing you know someone will send their battle power lists to some animation supervisor :ha

P did that a couple years ago. Turns out it was just a Toriyama fan account on twitter :cena

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
GreatSaiyaman123 said:
Future Warrior said:
Captain Cadaver said:

P did that a couple years ago. Turns out it was just a Toriyama fan account on twitter :cena

P123? :p123

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.