Rejoice Broly haters

Wogman

Low Class Warrior
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-box-the-movies-dragonbook-theatrical-story-qa-takao-koyama/

Why did Broli come back three times?
Because he’s the strongest. (laughs) Even including the TV anime, nobody exists in the world who’s stronger than Broli. I mean, even Vegeta, Prince of the Saiyans, was trembling in fear. (laughs) I felt that there’s no way that kind of mightiest being would die in a single outing. After all, there were kids who cried at Broli’s overwhelming strength when they saw Burn Up!! at Shueisha’s preview screening. (laughs) It’s always difficult coming up with an enemy for Goku, because I’d constantly have to escalate their strength. So, he ended up appearing three times.

This is true of Broli as well, but Goku & co. are always fighting against “an unbeatable foe”. Goku must win against such an enemy, so he has no choice but to defeat him when his enemy becomes overconfident and creates an opening. There’s absolutely no way he’d be able to win against someone like Broli if he used more orthodox methods.7 (laughs)

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/07/07/takao-koyamas-thoughts-on-battle-of-gods/

In handling the scripts for the films, what I always worried about each time was the problem of what to do about the opponent Goku fights against. That’s because, at the very least, they had to be stronger than [the ones from] the previous movie.
After much hard work, I was unable to come up with an opponent stronger than Broli, and fell into a rut where I made him appear three times.
That is to say, there’s the matter of questioning the idea of Broli as the strongest
. As you are well aware, vehement opinions on the subject have been flying back and forth on this message board, as well as a variety of [other] websites.

Why did M10 happen, because no one before hand was stronger then M8 Broly, why then M11 happen, because no one was stronger then M10 Broly, hence why he made him appeared 3 times.

Hell, Broly, the strongest again from another person

The interview is in french, but I tried to translate some parts.
https://www.manga-news.com/index.php/ac ... vDWxYQdSrT
https://twitter.com/Shushuttoo/status/1 ... 3706724352

"In France and in the world, we recognize you for the 8th DBZ movie, the one that revolve around the mythical Broly. How did you had the idea for this change, the movie going in other directions than usual ?

Shigeyasu Yamauchi : When I had to work on the Broly movie, I realized that he lacked something, although he is the most powerful Saiyan. It's this solitude of the powerful warrior that I wanted to retranscribe. He can destroy galaxies but is alone compared to Goku, whom he despises but has a family, just like Vegeta. When he loses at the end, he realizes that strength is not just physical, he would have been able to unlock another kind of power if he had something to protect for example."

Not to mention, their is another interview stating Broly is the strongest saiyan again, I will try to find it, but basically, Broly survived in movie 8 because he was the strongest saiyan -.- just like every interview has been stating

Enjoy

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Wogman said:
Why did M10 happen, because no one before hand was stronger then M8 Broly

latest

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Void said:
Going by this logic we'd have to assume Namek Freeza was >> Z.
Thanks to Toyotaro, we already know he's at least above BoG SSJ Galu, so that's a start. :et

Obviously, Namek Freeza would've walled the group if he didn't have cramps from sitting in that little hover chair for hours on end. :rape

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
GreatSaiyaman123 said:
Void said:

Why?

He said Movie 10 was made because nobody was stronger than Broly, so they brought him back.

The same logic must be applied to RoF. Namek Freeza > Z.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Huh? What does that even prove? Koyama is a fanboy and likes Broli... Every villian is strongest at his time.. Doesnt change the fact M8 Broli is just CG FPSSJ tier... M10 Broli is SSjin 2 tier

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Pakl said:
Huh? What does that even prove? Koyama is a fanboy and likes Broli... Every villian is strongest at his time.. Doesnt change the fact M8 Broli is just CG FPSSJ tier... M10 Broli is SSjin 2 tier

Broly > Vegetto :brother

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Pakl said:
So apparently you know better than the gai who wrote Broly. :troll :troll :troll

Pakl

High Class Warrior
2kewl4u said:
Pakl said:
So apparently you know better than the gai who wrote Broly. :troll :troll :troll
No.. He didn't say anything which makes Broli any different than what I have claimed

Keedounan

Elite
So Broly is stronger than Vegetto, but he needs a shield to protect himself from a Kamehameha fired by three mere Super Saiyans ? Right...

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Pakl said:
2kewl4u said:
Pakl said:
No.. He didn't say anything which makes Broli any different than what I have claimed
Sure, if you twist it to fit your narrow narrative. :mikey :mikey :mikey

Pakl

High Class Warrior
He was just hyping his favorite creation... So I guess Brook is stronger than Vegetto

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Pakl said:
He was just hyping his favorite creation... So I guess Brook is stronger than Vegetto
I don't agree with him either, but all the movies were written by him so he knows more about that than you.

Wogman

Low Class Warrior
Void said:
GreatSaiyaman123 said:
Void said:

Why?

He said Movie 10 was made because nobody was stronger than Broly, so they brought him back.

The same logic must be applied to RoF. Namek Freeza > Z.

Flawed logic, Frieza was dog shit and came back by training and powering up, plus that was akira approach, not the movies approach.

Wogman

Low Class Warrior
Keedounan said:
So Broly is stronger than Vegetto, but he needs a shield to protect himself from a Kamehameha fired by three mere Super Saiyans ? Right...

Goku with Piccolo power in MOvie 4 went over his false SSJ transformation and one-shot giant slug, hell 2 SSJB overpowered Zamasu -.-

And to add more fuel to the fire, this is the same guy that had Goku and Vegeta SSJ fight against Super Buu and Gohan-Buu and manage something.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.