SSJ2s DB Levels

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Posted some numbers post Muscle Tower. They are sketchy at this point and are subject to change. I’m finding it tough to scale Blue. On one hand, he managed to take several serious hits from an improved Goku, as well as managed to counter attack after those hits. On the other, he was weak enough to get fooled by an After Image from Krillin and was kicked hard.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I'd say you are fine with where you have him. Kuririn's afterimage seemed his only shot at hitting him and Blue likely didn't even need his special power to defeat him and only did so due to being mad. Kuririn noticed that Goku evolved since the Budokai and for Goku to apparently need that level to tool Blue that way makes me think he's at least close to Namu's level or so. I also don't think Goku needs more than a 1.2x advantage over Blue to do what he did.

Blue - 90
Namu -- 96
Goku (21st) - 100
Goku (post 21st) - 110

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
[mention]ahill1[/mention] Those numbers look good. Where would you have Metallic on that scale?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I think having him at 90 or so, right at blue's level, makes sense.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
It’s crazy how tight 21st Goku, Jackie, Bora, Namu, Metallic, and Blue are on my list. Still, I’d like to push 21st Goku even higher if I could, but it wouldn’t feel right.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Is 150 excessive for initial Tao Pai Pai? He utterly tooled Bora with a level of ease that reminded me of 21st Jackie Chun vs Yamcha. Tanking Goku’s Kamehameha is also fairly impressive.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
Definitely not. Korin said Goku got several times stronger and the Mummy/Akkuman fights support a very wide gap between Pre Korin and Post Korin Goku who still respected Tao's power.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I have Goku getting exactly 3x stronger in my non-scouter list.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
RRA arc levels complete. Going to go through Uranai Akkuman's tournament today.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Would close the gap between Goku post training and Tao Pai Pai a little. What you have seems to be a monster Zarbon vs Vegeta type of gap imo, a battle in which Vegeta was already pretty injured, gassed out and useless within a few exchanges, while Goku seemed to be putting in considerable effort into fending off Tao Pai Pai, and his attacks didn't injure Tao Pai Pai nearly as much as how Vegeta got away from that heated eschange.

But yeah, it's only a gap nitipicking issue I've taken with, so sorry if you don't care about it boyo.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Bumped him up slightly. Not willing to go any further than that considering Goku tanked the Dodonpa.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I'd have them even closer, but that's nice. I think the Dodonpa's multiplier was just low back then and Goku had to put a good deal of effort to defend himself from it, with it burning his hands afterwards.

Tao Pai Pai 88
-- Dodonpa -- 98
Goku -- 100

Not that it makes much of a difference either way. This perior in the story is pretty straightforward, with the most problematics to scale being Metallic Blue and the pirate robot, I'd say.

The battle jacket vs Tao would be an interesting match. While the battle jacket from Black seemed to have the power advantage as Goku had to sit down and cry after being hit by it, I don't think it'd have the battle speed to keep up with Tao.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
It doesn't feel right for the Dodonpa to be on the level of the initial Wolf Fang Fist lol.

I think Tao would beat the Battle jacket without much more trouble than Goku had. The missile might cause him some problems though if kicking it away hurt Goku.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Pirate Robot is most definitely weaker than Metallic and Blue.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Added Baba's tournament. Do you guys think Akkuman is too high?

Moving on to the 22nd.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
1. Bear Thief is too weak.
2. Too large gap between Yamcha/Initial Roshi.
3. Ranfan should be stronger than Giran/Bacterian.
4. Metallic should rival 21st TB Goku/Roshi.
5. Pirate Robot>Blue

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
3. Stronger than Giran? Absolutely not.
4. My numbers already indicate such. A 1.11x gap is about what I have Cell vs Goku.
5. Disagree. Goku's poorer showing against the robot was due to it's mechanical properties.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I'd bridge the gap between Goku (post karin) and Tao Pai Pai a little. Tao was surely outclassed, but considering Goku had to put visible effort into his attacks and that Tao Pai Pai managed to land a blow on an on guard Goku, plus Goku complimenting him upon taking his hits make it hard to have it as a 85% type of gap to me, which seems to be more in the Dodoria--Vegeta territory going by the estimated number most assign to Dodoria. I'd say it wouldn't hurt to up Tao Pai Pai to 255~260.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Raised him slightly but not willing to go higher, we already had this discussion before. For one, I have Dodoria vs Vegeta at a 1.2x gap. Goku more or less tanked an onslaught of attacks from Tao Pai Pai at the end of the fight, and 3 shotted Tao Pai Pai when serious. He also tanked the Dodonpa, which definitely warrants more than a 91% gap to me.

Latest profile posts

Same. RIP to your brother Yoshi.
Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.