SSJ2s DB Levels

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Idk, to me this looks like a kiai.

sYp8Irq.png
pLhniB5.jpg

That doesn't look any different than Goku's feat against Nappa.

Screenshot-2020-05-01-VIZ-Read-a-Free-Preview-of-Dragon-Ball-Full-Color-Saiyan-Arc-Vol-2.jpg

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
yeah I didn't remember he screamed when deflecting it. but again, what makes the attack a Kiai? the characters using the shouting strength to repel it? iirc Tenshinhan's Shin Kikoho and future Trunks' attack on imperfect Cell are also described as kiai-like attacks... maybe there are two different types of kiais, a shouting Kiai similar to Goku against Nappa and a Kiai canon more akin to the Kikoho and inviaible-like types of chi attacks like Trunks vs Cell?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The very attack is listed in D7 attack guide.

A technique where you extinguish a ki manipulation-type attack merely by firing a kiai. Tenshinhan instantly extinguished the Super Dodonpa that Tao Pai Pai fired at the 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai, and Goku did the same to Nappa's kiblast.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
What'd you say about the Shin Kikoho and the attack future Trunks used to get Cell out of the city? They were Kiais as well..I think there may be two types of Kiais.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Yeah Ahill, there are two types of Kiai; though the series nor the guidebooks go into detail about it. One actual exists in real life and is the mere act of releasing all your power with a yell, the other is the embellishment made by Dragon Ball where characters push things alway with invisible Ki waves. Tenshinhan used the former to deflect the Kamehameha, and the Kikoho fits the bill for the later.

[mention]SuperSaiyan2[/mention] what you make of Gohan >> Oozaru Goku? You suppose Goku’s size and/or Gohan not wanting to hurt him were factors? Though he knows about the tail weakness, so that may not be a factor.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Are we given any context about that situation? I was never under the impression that Goku and Gohan actually fought.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Goku only says one day he found Gohan’s body crushed nearby and then he buried him. We’re never given any further context, but if Gohan were that far better than Oozaru Goku I think he’d been able to subdue him.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
But it's only possible to transform when there is a full moon. It's quite possible that Gohan wasn't awake when the event happened. It would only take an instant for Goku to transform and crush their house. It's impossible to speculate on a situation with so little info.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
It can also be argued Gohan strenghtened himself in the other world.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Added the beginning of the PD arc.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
All seem good, but I personally would stretch the gap between Tambourine and Cymbal a little. Even if the "many times stronger" was a stretch, I think Piccolo wouldn't be so confident as to order Tambourine to go at Cymbal's killer if it weren't a pretty big gap imo.

Considering what was brought up in a similar thread, I am not sure myself anymore if Cymbal needs to be above Kuririn and Yamcha. Kuririn could be tired after the Budokai and that have impaired his performance, plus we don't know if Tabourine knew how strong Cymbal was (which is what the Cymbal > Kuririn premise leans on).

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Cymbal was still strong enough to knock Yajirobe on his ass and force him to evade his lightning attacks. I will lower him some but I am firm in him being superior to Krillin and Yamcha.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Added the rest of the Piccolo Daimao arc.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Obviously MUI Roshi isn't being accounted for here.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
They seem pretty nice. I'd maybe stretch the gap between initial Goku (post Choshinsui) and initial young Piccolo a little as besides getting one hit in, Piccolo was getting nicely dominated, but they overall seem pretty fine. It's cool that you have all the Karin-Yajirobe-Tenshinhan-Goku (pre Choshinsui)-Mutaito characters fairly close to each other, which I think is a fine compromise for characters like Yajirobe who seemed fairly relevant to 22nd Goku and Tenshinhan.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I agree, will increase the gap a bit. Piccolo was dominated but Goku's attacks weren't having a significant effect. I guess you could say that was because he still had so much power in reserve.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Yeah, I remember Goku landed a kick to which Piccolo leaned back and recovered with problems and Piccolo seemed fucked up there if it weren't for the reveal he was holding back.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Added the early part of the 23rd but will be subject to change as I continue reading.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
[mention]ahill1[/mention] [mention]GreatSaiyaman123[/mention]

What do you think about my levels for initial unweighted Goku, Shen full power and Piccolo (@ Shen) ?

Latest profile posts

Same. RIP to your brother Yoshi.
Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.