This the chain?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Future Gohan (post-Arm-loss) >~/~ Future Androids >>> Future Gohan >/>~ Future #17 > Future #18

???

For the TV-Special of-course.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Why is he above the Future Androids with 1 arm?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Weren't they not all out?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Supreme said:
Weren't they not all out?
You'd think so, but they probably were. I think Toei went with their own way of things instead of streictly going by the manga, which is why some of that seems contradictive. If you look at all the things that contradict the fights, it's mostly what was straight put in from the manga which Toei had to do anyway since they adapted that part of the story for the TV-Special but any lines they themselves put in seem to go perfectly with the fights, like #18 saying that #17 "had it" against Gohan.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Give me a timeline here.. when was Gohan fighting them off exactly? Was it pre or post the less than half statement?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Supreme said:
Give me a timeline here.. when was Gohan fighting them off exactly? Was it pre or post the less than half statement?
He was fighting them both somewhat evenly in their second fight that's after #17 revealed that he was using less than half his power the last time.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Well he definitely might be haxed in the anime then.. I recall the fight somewhat decently. However I think it's fair to say the Androids were still toying despite being full power. Perhaps Gohan is slightly below, but good enough where he doesn't get one shotted?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Supreme said:
Well he definitely might be haxed in the anime then.. I recall the fight somewhat decently. However I think it's fair to say the Androids were still toying despite being full power. Perhaps Gohan is slightly below, but good enough where he doesn't get one shotted?
Would they still be toying? I think it was definitely implied Gohan was at-least superior to the androids individually before and then they ganged-up on him. The second fight they also seemed serious, even-though they didn't seem to have as strenuous a face as when Piccolo was fighting #17.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
It's really shit writing, but the androids weren't going all-out until the final fight, and then they killed him, so yeah. You could probably have him stronger than his manga counterpart, but I don't subscribe to him being Android Saga Super Saiyan tier anymore.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Pyro said:
It's really shit writing, but the androids weren't going all-out until the final fight, and then they killed him, so yeah. You could probably have him stronger than his manga counterpart, but I don't subscribe to him being Android Saga Super Saiyan tier anymore.
But :toei 's intentions seemed different from AT's wouldn't you say? I agree it makes no sense, but that's how the anime works. In the anime Super-Saiyan 3 Goku is the strongest in the Boo Saga despite all the contradicting statements from the Manga. I'd say in Toei's thoughts Gohan > Androids,

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Maybe? But they did have the androids saying they would use full power during the last fight, and they did wreck his shit pretty quickly there.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Pyro said:
Maybe? But they did have the androids saying they would use full power during the last fight, and they did wreck his shit pretty quickly there.
They didn't that quickly. The fight in the anime wasn't a one-sided stomp the second time around.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
The fight itself is nothing but a typical fights by Toei where the main heroes can't be one shotted easily like Janemba VS Vegeta/Goku, Goku/Vegeta VS Boo, SSjin3 Goku VS Bootenks etc.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Then why didn't Gohan start off in base? That's also typical Toei and what about the dialogue? Just ignore it?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
I didn't said that but the fight being closer than their power gap suggest is a typical of Toei thing to do just like the examples I gave. What matters in the fight are the statements and the conclusion of the fight and there could be more.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Fearless said:
I didn't said that but the fight being closer than their power gap suggest is a typical of Toei thing to do just like the examples I gave. What matters in the fight are the statements and the conclusion of the fight and there could be more.
Well all Toei original statements seem to support their version of the fight, so...

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
That's true but others seems to think that Gohan seems to be hax given his performance against the two Androids but the result remain the same that the Androids are stronger than Gohan.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.