Thoughts On SSjin5 Idea?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
From wiki.

images

Super Saiyan 5 is is a form after Super Saiyan 4, but it is entirely fan made and not canon. It is seen in many Dragon Ball AF fanfictions (including the Toyble and Young Jijii versions), and it is seen in some other fanfiction stories as well. The transformation is that of a Saiyan that goes beyond the Super Saiyan 4 transformation, making it, essentially, powerful enough to rival the gods. This form can only be used when the user has gone through extensive training in Super Saiyan 4 and has experienced very intense emotion (in other words, it's similar to how a Super Saiyan 2 is unleased). It is the strongest transformation in the Dragon Ball Franchise.

Appearance:

When a Saiyan uses Super Saiyan 5, the upper half of their body grows white fur around them, and their tail turns gray. The transformation causes stark changes in physical appearance. The trademark characteristic of the transformation is the hair: the rigid hair becomes flowing and smooth again, and grows to waist-length and gains a white color, much like a Super Saiyan 3, only with white hair. The eyebrows vanish completely, making the forehead and eye ridges appear larger (also much like Super Saiyan 3). A small increase in muscle mass is evident, and muscle tone is sharply defined. Energy radiation is so great that the aura pulses at an extremely high frequency, almost to the point where it seems static; the sound of the aura is also pitched even higher than that of Super Saiyan 4. Bio-electricity, like in the Super Saiyan 2, and 3 forms, are again constant, and may reach further outward from the body than before. This is due to the transformation putting out so much energy. Finally, the Saiyan's voice may become slightly deeper. There is also a huge personality change, as the Saiyan becomes more confident and serious, almost seeming more intimidating. The biggest change is in the color of the skin, which takes on a reddish color.

Requirements for the Transformation:

Obtaining Super Saiyan 5 is no easy task, the following must be adhered:

Certain Level of Super Saiyan 4 Mastery.
Must be able to use Super Saiyan 4 at will.
Must have an extraordinary amount of ki.
It makes it easier if the Saiyan has a massive emotional upheaval, and/or has fused with a God or Eternal Shenron, but this isn't necessary.

Procedure
The procedure sounds easy, but it is not. To start, one must go to his or her Super Saiyan 4 state, then, he or she must charge up every bit of power they have until he or she achieves his or her absolute peak and then must quickly release it from his or her body, which in turn will cause a reaction within the spirit to save its wielder from dying from loss of energy, resulting in the Super Saiyan 5 state.

Once the Saiyan has accessed Super Saiyan 5 the first time, the transformation can be accessed whether needed, as long as they have a large amount of Ki.

Usage and Power
Usage

Toyble's Dragon Ball AF:

Chronologically, Goku was discovered to be the first to reach this transformation. He most likely achieved it when he fused with the Dragon Balls, as they provided a massive amount of energy to Goku. While the Z Fighters were fighting Xicor, Goku decided to have a sparing match with Pikkon. But due to Pikkon's speed, Goku's instinct forced him to transform into this state directly from base form, and he easily defeated Pikkon. Since he didn't destroy the environment around him, we can safely assume that he was able to reach this transformation BEFORE he fought Pikkon.

Sounds fucking cool to me. What about you guys?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
The SS5 idea, at least within GT's continuity, wouldn't really work as an actual concept. SS4 was already stated to bring a Saiyan to their utmost limits and unconventional methods were required for Goku and Vegeta to break those limits in the Evil Dragons Arc. It also doesn't help that the requirements of obtaining and maintaining the form being far easier than those of SS4 despite it being a new level as well as the description of doing so sounding like the asspulled way Goku first gained Ultra Instinct in the anime all cause it to be something that would cheapen the already overflowing power creep if executed.

Simply put, SS4 should remain the final stage of Super Saiyan in GT's continuity, and SS5 should remain in the bad fanfictions where it belongs.

Future Warrior

Elite
Thought it looked cool as a kid, and I guess it kind of does look badass, but when you start to understand the series it kind of feels a bit too ''out there'' now for DB. It reaches a point where the design becomes so complex that you can't even recognize the character. SSJ4 is probably the limit for me as far as how macho Goku should.

I guess it hasn't helped that I've grown tired of new SSJ forms these days.

Classic Adamas

Zeta Elite
Global Moderator
I remember those YouTube videos from 2010 that were like:
"every Super Saiyan transformation SSJ1-SSJ7"
:punk

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Official SSJ2 Fanclub said:
I remember those YouTube videos from 2010 that were like:
"every Super Saiyan transformation SSJ1-SSJ7"
:punk

I used to watched those videos but damn most of the photos were horrible and not very creative at all.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.