Vegito and Gogeta

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Kaioshin > Piccolo has no basis. Piccolo cannot sense Kaioshin, so his "fear" is not based on how strong Kaioshin is.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
Chapter: 439 (DBZ 245), P12.3-4
Context: after Piccolo resigns from his and Kaioshin's match
Goku: “That much, Piccolo?...”
Piccolo: “Yeah…Our dimensions…are too different…”
Kuririn: “Yo-you’re kidding, right? Stop joking around! I-I’ve got to fight him next.”
Note: Piccolo’s line is a pretty standard way of saying that someone is stronger than you. You can find a lot of instances of people being described as in “a different dimension” throughout these quotes, like Tenshinhan talking about Super Saiyan Goku, or the narrator describing final form Freeza. In Viz the line is made vaguer (“He is a different order of being”), which makes it sound like Piccolo could just be talking about how Kaioshin is a super-god, rather than about his strength per-say. Anyway, though Piccolo is pretty much flat-out saying Kaioshin is way stronger than him here, you could still argue that he's either mistaken or lying...I guess.

So it's pretty straight forward from the official translation that Kaioshin is much stronger than Piccolo, but much weaker than Gohan SSj.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The quote itself is meaningless as Piccolo can't sense Kaioshin. If you can prove to me how Piccolo has any sort of basis for saying he is weaker, I'll gladly believe you.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
If you have any proof that Piccolo can't sense Kaioshin, you would have a point as well, but that sort of evidence does not exist within the official source. Herms has clarified that it is a strength relate statement. Even so, the boys are remarked as being inferior to Piccolo, whom isn't much to begin with, so it doesn't change anything nonetheless.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Piccolo is unable to sense Beerus' ki in Super/films, so he can't sense God ki. He also can't sense it because he is not a God. Namek "Gods" are not godly being like Kaioshin.

The boys are said to be inferior to Piccolo where?

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
Kuririn: Frankly you are not even a match for him.

Pocket-God

Elite
Zoro said:
Piccolo is unable to sense Beerus' ki in Super/films, so he can't sense God ki. He also can't sense it because he is not a God. Namek "Gods" are not godly being like Kaioshin.

The boys are said to be inferior to Piccolo where?

Wasn't Dende able to sense Beerus though?

Tapion

High Class Warrior
Dende is a god, Piccolo isn't anymore because Kami is not the guardian of Earth since Dende replaced him.

Tosh said:
Krillin: Frankly you are not even a match for him

Here is the full uote
Chapter: 464 (DBZ 270), P7.1
Context: Piccolo wants to go rescue Kaioshin from Boo
Kuririn: “…Control yourself…I know how you feel, but you’ve got to control yourself…! Frankly, even you aren’t any match for him…absolutely not…”

He is talking about BUU, stop twisting things

Kaioshin's ki can't be sensed because he has godly ki. It's EXPLICITLY stated that Godly Ki can't be sensed by mortals.

Viz explicitly states: "No..he is in a different order of being"
Which means that Piccolo is praising Kaioshin because he is a god.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
Even YOU (Piccolo) aren't a match for him (Boo).

Implying Piccolo is the strongest of the group.

Piccolo > Goten/Trunks SSj

Herms holds more authority than Viz because he translates it directly. Viz has no authority here.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
That'd imply Piccolo > Kaioshin, which you were just arguing against.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
How does it imply that? Kaioshin was already beaten up and probably fell behind Boo Saga Piccolo, he could barely stand after his beating.

So, please don't twist the context.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
What's your point? Piccolo was expecting them to be weak just because they're kids? Despite Gohan being the strongest Z fighter back during the Cell Games when he was a kid?

Your bias against Goten and Trunks is laughable. Literally everything in the manga portrays them as incredibly strong for their age and not leagues below the adults. The fact that the best argument you can come up with is "they're kids" just shows that you don't want to give them the credit they deserve.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
He wasn't expecting so much because their kids. My perspective is self consistent so you can't really touch it, there is no problem with it.