Was Cooler Movie done too early?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Everyone knows this movie makes no sense, power-scaling wise. There are even hax theories out there, but in my opinion those hax levels should really be what Cooler's actual power-level is, logically talking. I mean he's Freeza's older brother and can transform once more than him, the way Cooler says he can transform once more than him definitely implies that in his current state he should at-least be on-par with Freeza, since if he was a weak-fack in his true form then being able to transform one more time really isn't all that terrifying. He even says he can transform once more, as if to say "you thought Freeza's 3 transformations were hell, well I can do one more." Like his 4th form is already Freeza level as is, but that's not all he can transform even higher.

Basically I'd say a much more logical time to have done the Cooler movie would have been the Cell Saga. Maybe even around the Cell-Games, when Movie 8 happened. Cooler would appear and Goku and Co. would scoff at the idea of a Freeza level opponent fighting them now. They transform into Super-Saiyan straight-away and Cooler gets owned in his true form. Then he reveals he can transform one more time and now he's beating everyone up. Something that Freeza couldn't. And then they beat him with whatever, a Spirit-Bomb or Toei punch.

Or alternatively they could have it happen when it did, but Goku transforms into a Super-Saiyan straight-away and since Goku's already higher than he was in the Freeza saga I guess he can beat-up True form Cooler or even stomp him. Then Cooler can say his"I can see how you defeated my brother" line, now making actual sense (since Goku's a Super-Saiyan) and then transform and beat-up Super-Saiyan Goku. Doing what Freeza couldn't and then gets owned by a Spirit-Bomb or something. That's that. Makes million times more sense.

So yeah, what do you think?

KyuubiAhri

High Class Warrior
I don't think that movie was done too early,but as you pointed out,it certainly wasn't handled properly (like almost every movie)
Goku can't go Ssj at will despite knowing it when he came from yardrat,and the powerscaling is shit.Using Genki-dama to kill cooler would be anticlimactic seeing as they did that countless times.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Now that I think about it I guess putting the Cooler movie in place of Movie 7'd work better. To go from Freeza to above Cell-Games level is too insane, even for a transformation.

KyuubiAhri

High Class Warrior
It's TOEI man.Those guys are insane.You have SSjblue goku (after black arc) fighting equally with Hit despite the fact that he needed KKX10 in the U6 to defeat him and despite the fact that Goku and Vegeta are at their limits.The powerscaling is trash just like in GT

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
KyuubiAhri said:
It's TOEI man.Those guys are insane.You have SSjblue goku (after black arc) fighting equally with Hit despite the fact that he needed KKX10 in the U6 to defeat him and despite the fact that Goku and Vegeta are at their limits.The powerscaling is trash just like in GT
True. Apparently Super-Saiyan Rosé Goku-Black gets next to no boost from his transformation. :troll2 :troll2 :troll2

KyuubiAhri

High Class Warrior
The thing is,he gets weaker.Base goku black was taking vegeta's punches with a smile while Rose needed to use a ki blade to defeat vegeta :toei

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
What? Black destroyed Goku and Vegeta in that form and was said to be the strongest.

Anyway, the perfect timing for the movie is to replace the M6 IMO where Goku and Vegeta will deal Cooler not meta Cooler. Meta Cooler shouldn't even exist in the first place but Toei got to keep ripping off the Manga.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
From a timeline perspective, it'd be fine where it seemed to be, roughly within the 3 year training. It'd just need a fair bit of tweaking, such as Goku not going SSJ at will.

From an out of universe perspective, it could've done with being released a few months later, considering Goku VS Freeza was still ongoing in the anime at the time of it's release.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
From a timeline perspective, it'd be fine where it seemed to be, roughly within the 3 year training. It'd just need a fair bit of tweaking, such as Goku not going SSJ at will.

From an out of universe perspective, it could've done with being released a few months later, considering Goku VS Freeza was still ongoing in the anime at the time of it's release.
My problem is though that Cooler logically should at-least be on-par with Freeza's best in his true form, since the dialouge seems to make it look that way but in the movie even regular Goku was getting the better of him, it'd have made much more sense if Goku went Super-Saiyan straight-away and fought true form Cooler and beats him up the way he does. Almost all the dialogue would weirdly enough fit if that was the case. Then Cooler can transform and beat him up.

It's also another transformation, if Cooler is already at-least on-par with Freeza I think it'd only make sense for his transformation to be far superior to that. I'd like to think every transformation unless otherwise stated is multi-fold. It'd make more sense if Cooler in his 5th Form would maybe even be Android #16 level. If you think about it. I mean I know Freeza's lower forms were suppression states and he made those up, but still if those are any indication the power-up should be huge.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
From the revelation of Freeza being one of the greatest prodigies in the series, I wouldn't really have a problem with Freeza being vastly superior to his brother in the same form tbh. If that wasn't your cup of tea, you could easily alter the dialogue to have Coola's 5th form instead be a mastered version of his 100% power, much like MSSJ, thereby fixing some scaling issues without drastically changing the timeline placement.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
From the revelation of Freeza being one of the greatest prodigies in the series, I wouldn't really have a problem with Freeza being vastly superior to his brother in the same form tbh. If that wasn't your cup of tea, you could easily alter the dialogue to have Coola's 5th form instead be a mastered version of his 100% power, much like MSSJ, thereby fixing some scaling issues without drastically changing the timeline placement.
That's fair enough, but in the movie at-least I feel like and even supplemtal material seems to imply it is that 4th Form Cooler is at-least on-par if not higher than 100% Freeza. I mean the reason you go "FACK" when you hear 5th transformation is because Freeza's highest power was already a big deal, but there is a transformation/power even beyond that. They even say Cooler can control his power in his true form and that's why he can easily walk around in that, unlike Freeza. I'd assume he's already mastered his true form and can get to his maximum without bulking-up like Freeza, since he unlocked his 5th Form.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
Maybe Cooler never showed his 4th form's 100% because he knew the buffing's drawbacks, so he preferred
to just go 5th form instead.

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
I don't think it was done too early, just the whole powerscaling and Goku's ability to transform need work.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
withheldforprivacy said:
Maybe Cooler never showed his 4th form's 100% because he knew the buffing's drawbacks, so he preferred
to just go 5th form instead.
What if he mastered his true form's power? He never seemed to keep the form-up under pressure like Freeza.

The power-scaling in the movie is facked.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Jeff Styles said:
I don't think it was done too early, just the whole powerscaling and Goku's ability to transform need work.
So you think Cooler should have got slapped-around by Goku like he did in the movie? His 5th Form looked like a huge joke then, even 100% Freeza put-up a better fight, even-though I know that was a lower Goku.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.