Was Gohan a Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2 vs. Dabura?

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
qyT4sgR.png
TyIcvXG.png
fXeQGmV.png

Manga only.
Well?

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Damn, Gohan looks so plain against Dabura. It's almost offensive.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I'm getting a lof of problems to browse here with my tablet. I'm being logged out pretty quick and the new posts aren't showing immediately and I have to upload it every time.

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
I see good points from both sides. I think Super Saiyan 2 makes more sense, but visually, he's a Super Saiyan.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
Just accept he could be either SSJ or SSJ2 and the Cell's version Goku compared to Dabura depends on Gohan's form.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Story-wise, Gohan being a Super Saiyan 2 during his bout with Dabura seems to make the most sense. The Daizenshuu & anime smoothly reinforce this.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Saying Gohan is a SSJ2 here is like saying Vegeta and Trunks were Grade 2 against the Cell Jr.s

Super Neko Majin Z

Mid Class Warrior
Goku said Dabura was as strong as Cell, then he said Dabura was stronger than he thought. The only way to make this work is if Goku meant Semi-Perfect Cell. That's possible since Goku talked to him, but it's a cop-out and you know it.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
AT's art >>> all. If we're to rely on story evidence, we still have Dabra thinking SSJ Vegeta (possessed) would be a fine warrior that would finish Gohan and Goku off at once and Goku being shocked by his having SSJ2. Logically I'd have Gohan use his full power against Dabra as well, and logically I'd have Vegeta and Trunks use a form that doesn't decrease speed while increasing power, but the art is undeniably portraying both as regular Super Saiyans

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Super Saiyan. Fact.